Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cooking woes

I've lost faith in food quality here, from frozen food stuff, to canned.

I have no idea how to make breaded meat. Do I coat the meat with egg 1st? Or flour 1st? What's the procedure like? I tried to make my own fried chicken. Tasted quite alright but the crumbs keep falling off till the chicken looked rather bare.

So I thought I shld just give up and get ready coated meat. And I did. I got a pack of breaded Catfish fillet, which tasted soooo strongly of alkaline when I tried it just now *faint* I've dumped the remaining.

And canned straw mushrooms too...

I dared put stuff from cans back in Singapore into my tummy without cooking them 1st. Might not be a good idea but I've been fine this far. Yet I lacked the courage to do so here. I did muster up a little courage to try the straw mushroom from the can a while ago, only to find it tasting wierdly bitter. Canned straw mushrooms in Singapore tasted a little salty.

HELP!

I can't cook :(

No comments: