Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Visit of an old friend

Used to meet this old friend of mine every 28 days before I was pregnant with AN.

Then she came to stay with me for a month of so after AN popped and I've not heard from her since.

Probably the Lord is helping me wean AN off by encouraging her to start visiting me again coz whenever friends like that visit, (I heard) B-Milk supply gets cut off or greatly reduced.

As long as AN doesn't get milk from me, she'll feel hungry. And I can still allow her to suckle for comfort!

I can't bear to wean AN...I love watching her look at me whenever she suckles. I remember the face of a day old baby latched on to me, and that of the 624 days old one today.

Sole caretakers of babies don't usually see them grow day by day coz the change is so gradual. I am blessed with this priviledge of being able to observe AN from day to day, and see little changes in her face.

I saw the day her double eyelids became single when she was weeks old, and then the lids 'doubled' again when she turn almost 3 months old. I saw her eyebrows looking from sparse (hollow where brows should be with fine hairs giving an outline so that she looked like she HAD eye brows), to having normal eyebrows now.

From fighting to latch her on when she had nipple confusion, to fighting her off when she flips my shirt up now.

From looking into those eyes that knows nothing in the world, to a chatty toddler who can point everywhere and 'tell' me things while latched on.

I'm feeling post breastfeeding blues...hehe.

No comments: