Sunday, April 19, 2009

Aftermath

Sounds like some disaster. hehe.

I'm experiencing separation anxiety now.

Everything reminds me of my parents.

I opened up the fridge and saw boxes. Mum had chopped up vegetables and put them in boxes so that I need not do any food preparation before I start cooking. There weren't only vegetables. There was a container full of chopped up garlic and defrosted crab stick & fish cake so that I need not wait for them to defrost. She kept all unnecessary utensils so that I need not do more packing up after they leave. Whatever she could have done, she did. Even the vanity top, sink and toilet bowl in their room is spic and span. No traces of debris on the carpet as well. Way way wayyyyy cleaner than it was when they first stepped in. They also washed the covers and put them back so the covers are also clean.

Decided to take AN to Gymboree afterall. I had been crying whole night (I really miss them. No joke.) and haven't slept a single bit. Was wondering if I'd look too ghastly by 10am. Didn't want to scare toddlers with how I might look. Seemed fine the last I checked myself in the mirror, so off we went.

The journey to and fro, too, reminded me of my parents. I'd usually drop mum at Walmart and papa would follow us to Gymboree. We would then go back for mum after each session later.

It was wierd having no one to chat with me on the way to Gymboree today (except AN and she was busy munching on popcorns..) I had no one to remind me not to follow the car in front too closely, no one to tell me I could go ahead and drive out when the road got less busy. No one to keep reminding me to top up my fuel tank.

I'd usually see papa walking around outside Gymboree (it's cool lately. Guess he liked the cool breeze) or seated at a corner watching AN do her stuff. He wasn't with me today but I seemed to see him where he usually would be, from the corner of my eye.

AN gets Gymbo stamps on her hands, feet and tummy at the end of the sessions and she would excitedly run to 'gong gong' to show off her stamps. There was no one for her to show off her stamps today.

She's been such a darling through this "I miss my parents" sobbing episodes since last evening. She was tired and would usually be cranky by bed time. I was still chatting with my parents in their room. For a short while she was making a fuss out of everything, till she saw I was crying too and then tried to comfort me by distracting me with baby-talk stories. She decided to inform me "mummy cry, mummy kok pain pain, mummy cry" when I didn't seem to be able to stop sobbing.

At Gymboree this mornig, she automatically went for her shoes the minute I told her "let's go" . She's improved a lot since the 1st time we started. Most times now she would willingly walk with me back to the car without screaming and crying like she used to (*phew*). Today was exception in that I did not have to repeat myself a few times (at other times, I had to offer her an extra minute or two before asking her again to leave and she would, if she promises. Else another minute or two before she relents). Today, she responded immediately and even tried to put her shoes on by herself while I was putting my own shoes on!

On the way back, again, I missed hearing my father nag about keeping my eyes on the road (he doesn't like me to look back at AN, even if we're stopped at red lights), missed hearing him ask if I need to top up my fuel tank, missed hearing him discuss AN's stamps with her while I drove.

And I need not drop by Walmart to pick my mum up.

It all felt soooo wierd. How can 3 months pass so fast?

They called a while ago and said a last goodbye before they left from LA. A pity AN was sleeping. She didn't get to say goodbye to my parents.

She didn't seem to realise they've gone home. It was as if she thought they were having a stroll outside.

She would walk past their room and tell me "gong gong outside", or go into the kitchen and call out for "popo". When she got no answer, she looked at me puzzled and asked me "popo where? Upstairs?"

Like the last time Mr Liow went to Wallaby, even a strand of hair reminded me of my parents. sigh...

What can be worse? That Mr Liow too, will be away for a 2 weeks exercise from tomorrow morning.

I'll be left alone with AN to miss my parents and Mr Liow all at once.

Bad timing.

Updated 1532hrs:
I looked out of the patio and got reminded about my mum again. Mum had been sweeping both our patios clean.

Saw the iEcology pail in the kitchen and got reminded about my papa who kept reminding me to bring the pail in after a day else it gets really dusty placed outside for too long.

:(

No comments: