Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A conversing Toddler

AN's capable of conversing now. Not that she speaks in perfect sentences yet but she forms her own sentences or at least uses words that we understand (even if those words are more expressive sounds than actual words).

"Mummy come sit with me"

"Mummy I want mem mem and sleep"

"Baileys and Maen fighting"

"I want sleep on papa bed. Papa sleep on Adrielle bed."

Those are just some examples.

Anything more than a few worded sentences will result in her mumbling. For example:

"I want to feed Baileys and Maen. I give Maen some more. Baileys (mumbles her own language while maintaining eye contact with me like I am supposed to understand what she's saying), hor?"

Erm...When I do not really understand what she's saying, I'll try my best to interpret, repeat after her and ask if that was what she meant. Most often than not, I'm right (she boosts my confidence a lot coz she always allows me to get her meaning right. haha!)

So with a chatty toddler now, I'm hardly bored.

When Mr Liow used to play too much games, I used to feel like I'm alone at home even with his physical presence. With AN being able to talk to me now, I don't feel so much alone.

Even a simple TV session can be much fun when I have the chatty toddler to discuss details with.

Have I mentioned that AN is a great helper too?

She helps us place our shoes nicely on the floor before we go out (while I go get bones for BM). She's also helping me give BM their chew treats before we go out (she places them nicely in pairs on the floor for them while they wait for permission to go get them).

AN sees clothes on the floor, AN helps to either put them back in the basket, on the bed, or back on the hanger. She brings her own worn clothes down to the washing machine after her bath.

Coz B likes to bark at M whenever M is chewing on a bone (even if there's another one on the floor for B, he'll still be annoyed that M has her own bone), AN will first warn B by telling him to be quiet and if he doesn't obey, she'll go pick up both bones and place them on a high table. Stops their squabbling once and for all.

AN can be affectionate and caring. She sees me scratching myself and tells me "Mummy stops scratching", pushes my hands away and gently helps me scratch instead. If she sees anyone of us fall or hit ourselves somewhere, she'll go "Opps, pain?". Sometimes she'll tell us "It's ok" and give us a peck where it's supposed to hurt.

Having a conversing toddler at home is real fun. She says whatever that's on her mind and really, a child is human being with a pure heart. Tantrums aside, things she says and how she describes them can be really sweet and innovative.

Like Mr Liow keeps saying, we'll definitely miss her at this stage a real lot. (^___^)

No comments: