Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 5: Trying to cope

Countdown: 19 days

As usual, AN's eating habit can kill me.

She had an hour of milk in the morning, 2 hours of lunch (it was 1.5hrs + 0.5hrs of chewing the last bite) and 2hrs of dinner (same thing) on Monday.

The same thing happened today for breakfast and she took another 0.5hrs longer to chew her food during lunch and that made her lunch ytd 2.5 hrs long, for a tiny portion of pasta with squishy carrots and peas.

Both days I cried feeding her and she was sweet enough to come feed herself each time I gave up. But she was not chewing and all the food kept 'growing' inside her mouth.

So I raised my voice and said: "Adrielle! Chew your food and swallow them!" I was really upset, always am whnever she eats like that.

AN calmyly replied: "Mummy, talk nicely ok? Don't shout." while feeding herself ONE green pea and extending her arms towards me after that with a smile (asking for a hug).

Sometimes I'm convinced the Lord gave me AN to remind and test me on how I've grown (besides horizontally)

AN got a hug from Emma in class but instead of reciprocating it, she stepped away. When we got home, she kept telling me that Emma "almost gave me hug". I asked if she hugged Emma back and she was honest enough to say she did not. She told me: "Adrielle is shy."

She is good at reasoning, isn't she?

I'll be bringing her to the zoo with some of the Gymboree mummies this Fri. It's quite a distance and I have never travelled that direction on my own before. I pray for quick reaction to the GPS' instructions and wise judgement on the road. Pray that the I can find Mr Liow's GPS so that I don't have to use mine which always brings me to dead ends or through construction sites.

No comments: