Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 9: Something Different

Countdown: 15 days

Since my worst entry about AN's eating habits from the day Mr Liow left, it just kept getting......better. hehe.

Every other day, there has to be either rice or noodles (or pasta) with a vege and a protein (usuall egg or toufu, sometimes minced meat or sausage which she usually do not touch, much). For lunch today, I made her fried potato cubes with gree peas which she actually FINISHED! She finished one whole potato which is filling, even to me!! I hope I'm not dreaming today's events or this post!

AN wanted to shower with me today instead of having her bath (she didn't enjoy showers usually coz she didn't like water trickling down her face). While getting myself ready for the shower and reminding her how much she hated to shower coz she didn't like water all over her face, I didn't notice that she had already taken her own clothes off.

Today's shower was no struggle. She bravely swept the water off her face as I washed her hair. She said she wanted to shower again tomorrow. I won't mind that coz it's really easier to take her out of the showers than the bath (she loved to bathe so much she could sleep in there if I allowed her to)

We went out after that and she was good too!

Dinner was ABC pasta with ham which she too, finished! (I'd be really disappointed if this is all a dream. I will cry...hehe.)

And she had another stick of ice-cream for dessert soon after. As I'm typing now, she is asking to have me cut up cheese into smaller pieces into a container for her to snack on.

Besides her willngness to eat today, she was obedient.

She thanked me for every little thing I helped her with today without having to be reminded. She waited when I needed her to wait and did not shout to have things her way like she did the past week. She politely asked for help and helped when she saw me struggle (again I'm praying these are all real!)

There were some things she said, her choice of words, which were so cute I kept trying to remember so that I could note it down here. Apparently I forgot every single thing again.

There's another picnic tomorrow. Praying that AN will behave and enjoy herself. Also that she will be more socialable.

Thank God for the break these few days from AN's difficult moments.

Latest addition (not very important):
AN likes to dig her nose and this is nothing new.

She had a few fingers full of dirt (yucks!) and showed it off to me -______-". She then asked me to clean her fingers. I said I didn't want to clean them coz they were disgusting and suggested she put them back.

And she did.

hahahahaha!

She even made sure her fingers were clean by rubbing the 'stuck' dirt repeatedly into her nose.

Ok, I'm no evil mum. I did clean her up after that. hehe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's 9.30pm now and time for bed. I was on the phone with my mum while nursing AN to sleep. My baby without disturbing our conversation, pulled the blanket onto me and herself, found her favourtie side and is now asleep. I was so engrossed with talking to my mum that I didn't even know I had blanket on me till I started feeling warm.

My darling baby will always pull the blanket over my arms to keep me warm (whether or not I already am) whenever she's half awake and still nursing.

She can be so endearing at times la. Hehe.

No comments: