Wednesday, May 12, 2010

4 more weekends

We have officially 4 more weekends before we leave Tucson for good.


I've not realised time really passed THIS fast!! 4 weeks!?

It will be hard leaving this place :( I'm going to miss the scorching Summer, the still very hot Fall and not very cold Winter. I'll miss the space, the mountains, the friendly strangers we meet on the street and friends we've made here. I'm going to miss the slow moving lifestyle here. When we go back, I'm expecting mad rush everywhere: to work, to catch a bus, to get AN enrolled in a school and I do not even know at which level she belongs to at this point....

Not to mention the very busy drivers on the road who have low tolerance for other drivers (mainly the less courageous drivers like me who will signal and wait forever to cut into another lane...I think I will have to keep exiting somewhere to get to where I need to get or do lots of u-turning back..no one will give way to me like people in Tucson does..)

And no more looking up to see clouds of all different shapes. AN loves to look out and imagine seeing some animals in the sky. That is how I love that this place allows her to imagine. Back in Singapore, she'll only see lego blocks of HDB flats wherever we go...No pink and blue or yellow and brown skies in the evening...

With all my complains, if I am to choose again, I will return. For the friends, for the culture, for the many things that my kids will see and learn from that our little island will never be able to offer no matter how materially rich we may become one day.

I am thankful for the opportunity to be here, for the opportunity that AN got to learn so much from this place, to physically see, to be as creative and imaginative as she was made to be. I pray that we will not be limited to the city lifestyle, that AN will not lose what she has become for the 2 years she has been here.

Thank you Lord for these 2 years.

No comments: