Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 13: Fever again

The fever went down yesterday and we were more relaxed. Her cough is still bad though.

This morning, just when we thought she has recovered (except for her coughing), her fever came back. We went out for Tim Sum and I felt her temperature rising in the car as we travelled to the restaurant. 

I was supposed to meet the girls in the afternoon so thought we would drop by for a while to say hi at least. It's been 2 years since we met and I was hoping to catch up a little.

AN was very uncomfortable at Shirley's place. I could feel her body heat but she was still awake enough to eat raisins. She didn't want raisins when I offered it to her in the past but when one of the girls (was it Genevieve?) offered one to her, she took it and liked it. She finished a pack by herself and I was pleasantly surprised she was willing to share her last 2 pieces.

She was not keen on making friends with anyone today. I could feel her lethargy.

Took her home and she napped. She woke up at about 6pm but remained drowsy and drifted in and out of sleep. Asked for something to eat (must have been hungry....my poor baby...) so I gave her some porridge my mum made. Almost right after her meal, she fell asleep again.

She's not had any of her medicines since morning. I wanted her to take the major ones (antibiotics & fever) but she didnt want any so I didn't force her.

Her temperature is at 39.6C now. We were contemplating bringing her to A&E but decided not to. There should be others who are more in need of emergency care than AN (like Mr Liow who had to be rushed to A&E few years back because of his slip disc. He couldn't even breathe then but there were many others ahead of him who appeared fine...).

We've decided to bring her to Dr Terrence Tan tomorrow first thing in the morning to see if she could get to see him before his first patient with appointment comes in. 

Please pray with us that she will be fine. I'm praying her fever will not exceed 40C. This is one of the rare time her fever remained at above 39C. Am feeling very worried for her now...

No comments: