Monday, December 20, 2010

Blessed 6TH to US!

This past weekend had been a busy one.

We should rightfully be having a nice getaway and would have if we do not have the kids in tow, yet. With only 1 in 2007, we still managed to spend our then 3rd year anniversary in Sentosa.

Lots of things are different with a 2nd child now. Maybe coz he's still young? I'm not sure how it's going to improve or if it will when he's older.

So, our 6th anniversary this year (which also happens to be MIL's birthday) was spent, doing grocery shopping for dishwashing detergent and diapers after Mr Liow got his car checked, and before meeting his family to celebrate his mum's b'day together.

And day 2 of our anniversary was busy too. Everyone woke up early for MIL's baptism and right after that, she had to attend the tea ceremony of a relative. Mr Liow drove her there, got us lunch and by the time we were ready for a nap, it was past 4pm.

AN needed this nap coz there was also a wedding dinner. She would not have been able to remain sane without a nap for this long day.

She had only less than an hour's nap, but better than none. We started rushing again the moment she was awake: change her, do my makeup and MIL's, change ER, inventory check the baby bag for necessities etc etc. And then we rushed to the ballroom. Rush, and rush!

It's finally over, our 6th anniversary and this weekend.

Mr Liow had something else planned for, in lieu of this year's anniversary that we had no time for this weekend: it's a trip to Genting from Tues to Thurs!

My mum and Andy will be joining us. I'm looking forward to it.

Dear, thanks for planning this getaway. Happy Anniversary to us. I'm blessed with having you in my life, blessed that I've spent half (almost) of my life with you in it. It's the little things in life that make our marriage whole, and it's these same things that happen which sometimes make me wonder why its so hard for 2 people to live together, even after knowing each other this well.

There are couples who go their separate ways because familiarity breeds contempt. I'm thankful familiarity makes me fall in love with you again.

I pray for many more years and as usual, I will not live longer than you will because I won't be able to go through a single day of my life knowing that you will not be part of it anymore.

Yes, I'm more selfish than those who will choose, if they could, to live longer lives than their other half so that their loved ones need not suffer pain of loss. I don't have that sort of courage.

So, please take good care of yourself ok?

Love you dip dip.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: