Saturday, March 28, 2009

AN (About going in, and about going out)

Going in

We had our (I mean, AN's) 2nd art class yesterday and thankfully there were more kids this time. Having been through the 1st session, AN was a little more participative than she was previously and had more opportunities to watch and imitate other kids paint and paste this time round.

She was more interested in the container filled with soapy water still.

With every opportunity she had, she would pay the soapy water a visit (she had to have those teeny bit of paint, glue or sand on her fingers washed away..hmm..)

Music class on the other hand needed less efforts to get her more participative.

She would jump and dance at every opportunity and chose instruments from the boxes that Ms Erin brought out.

It makes me happy to see her enjoying herself.

Going out
What goes in must come out, right? Baby walks in, baby has to walk out (hopefully willingly instead of be carried out and struggling)

She wasn't really cooperative when we left yesterday. She appeared ready to go, till she noticed the slides and tunnels at the main area for play. That was when she wanted to go in to play and we started struggling. I could understand her anger at me for tearing her away from what she wanted to do. I tried to explain that we had to leave but she couldn't hear me. We then left with AN screaming.

Nowadays, before we go anywhere and before I take her out from the car seat, I'd ask that she be a good girl and not refuse to leave or return to her car seat when we had to go home. She would tell me "ok" or "yes" and keep her word, till last Thurs). I thought she has learnt to accept going home as as part of going out prior to that.

She was perfectly cheerful last Friday and Saturday when we had to leave (after music and play classes). And she would willingly allow us to strap her in the car seat after going out each time for about a month now.

I suspected if she didn't notice the play area, she might be more willing to leave with me.

So, I tried to bring her out of the door as soon as I could this morning, before she laid eyes on the play area and she was good all the way.

*phew*

She'll finally get her turn to play tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that she will not refuse to leave with me again.

Updated:
AN's 2nd art piece. It's a lesson on the colour red this time. Pardon the one-eyed lady bug.



No comments: