Saturday, March 28, 2009

Praise the Lord

..for her 1st mushy stools in 4 months today!

I made a mistake and bought her Plum juice instead of the intended Prune juice. She didn't like Plum juice when she first tasted it. Took her a couple of days before she decided to take a sip and decided it wasn't too bad afterall. We soon ran out of Plum juice, coz I couldn't help keeping myself from drinking it.

So, this time round, I made sure I bought PRUNE juice (I don't understand why it has to be PRUNE juice although both contained as much fibre - 3g for 8 oz serving. My mum just kept insisting it was 'better' without being able to explain why.)

It tasted quite yucky and I was worried AN might turn her nose away from it but she didn't! In fact she seemed to like this better than the Plum juice.

After not having passed stools for 5 straight days, she cried again (heartache) when she had to go yesterday. Those were gigantic, dry and hard stools that exited her, but I was glad at the amount that came out. She must have emptied her bowels.

So I thought, till she started sobbing this morning like she does each time she's straining to get her poop out.

Before I could bring her anywhere near the toilet bowl, I caught the fragrance of her stools! I checked her diaper and true enough, she did it and her stools were mushy!

Mum got worried and asked if it was diarrhea -_________-"

That was her usual type of stool and I was so happy to see that after 4 months!

She did cry, either out of fear (like whenever she felt like pooping, she would feel terrible pain at her anus), or out of the disgust that she had something stuck to her butt.

If she can pass motion as effortlessly like she did this morning, I pray she will sooner than expected, get over her fear of feeling the urge to go.

Thank God for the wonders of Prune juice that worked for AN.

No comments: