Wednesday, April 30, 2008

29th April: Day 4

Sorry guys. I will be changing the titles of my previous posts coz I'm a little mixed up with the dates. This is our 4th day in Tucson (minus the day we took to travel by plane), not 6th according to what I thought.


Our activities today were limited although we were still out for most part of the day.

Mr Liow had to attend a staff meeting today so he had to leave us for about 2 over hours. I expected him to take longer coz I'd give him about an hour to travel to work, another hour to travel home. It was a pleasant surprise to see him come back earlier than expected, even tho it was only slightly.

Mr Liow's encik who'll be our neighbour in the next week or so, said the travelling to work takes about 25mins, not 45 mins like those who travel to work from Rock Ridge (one of our initial few selected apartment). We're only about 5 mins drive from that area by the way. The encik said very likely the extra time taken to travel would be due to the uphill/downhill roads those staying in that area have to take on their way.

Have I mentioned that we went to Petsmart 2 days ago? The pet store sells Blue, a brand of kibbles that's rather highly rated in Singapore. And they also carry another holistic brand (forgot what the brand is tho I remember the packing). Saw thru the ingredient list. Looks like a good switch for BM. If I do get used to cooking, home cooked food would be definately best for them. BARF? Erm, I may have to think twice now coz 90% of the house is carpeted. Maen likes to drag her bites to somewhere cushioned. Don't want my home to smell like a butchery. hee.

I quite like Rock Ridge & Oro Vista (our first few choices before Sonoran Terrace) coz they are near Petsmart and Target and Fry's. Quite like shopping at these places coz their pet and kids' section consist of a wider variety. But considering that our area's not too bad as well, and it's faster to get to Mr Liow's base, I'm alright with ST as well. I can always drive to the other area, when I can drive. hehe.

AN was running out of diapers so we went to Walmart again to stock up on supplied. Huggies "Snug & Dry" costs about $0.23 per piece. After conversion, it's about the price of Huggies Ultra back in Singapore. Wipes are cheap tho. Haven't gotten wipes this time coz we still have a couple of packs left. Heard the sales here can be crazy. Will probably stock up during one of their sales.

Here's Huggies Snug and Dry

Desitin for Diaper Rash
After Walmart, we went to Tucson Mall. This one is mega. hehe. We walked around for almost an hour and haven't covered some parts of it. The downside of shopping in Tucson (everywhere) is that the malls are always near empty. It's quite boring shopping in a BIG mall by urselves. I like shopping in an empty supermart but not an empty shopping mall. hee.

Before we knew it, the day was over. That's about our activities for today. Mr Liow will be taking his license conversion test tomorrow. Pray that he'll pass so that he can start driving and that means more freedom.

Hope to be able to squeeze in some time to visit Baileys and Maen tomorrow. Wonder how they are doing there.

No comments: