Saturday, July 26, 2008

Feeding AN's a chore

IT IS!

Sigh....

The little girl want this and that to keep herself happy while she's having her meals. So I have to keep getting up to bring her whatever she points to. When I don't get it right, she sweeps her arms around in defiance and has on many occasions, swept food or water off the spoon in my hands onto the carpet (!!)

I smack her on her palms and tell her it's wrong to throw tantrums like that. She used to think I was playing with her whenever I smacked her on her palms.

She did it again yesterday and I smacked her palms again. This time I think I used more strength than I ever used on her and she started to cry.

I wonder if she knew what I was telling her coz each time she got over the punishment, she would sweep my hands away again. She was punished 3 times yesterday.

I gave up trying to feed her after the 3rd time.

She was probably a little cranky coz she was tired. When I went off to wash her utensils, she again, got upset, and started to throw her toys around.

I smacked her palms again and explained (I was angry...she's been stretching my patience!) that what she did was very naughty.

She cried, and in a short while, came over to hug me hoping I'd carry her.

For that split second, I was contemplating whether or not to carry her. I decided not to, and pushed her aside. I told her that "mummy's angry" (whether she understands that or not is a totally different thing..)

This time my heart started aching for rejecting her. She cried, of course. Instead of throwing tantrums again this time, she tried to get my attention while sobbing away.

I gave in and hugged her while re-emphasizing that I don't like it when she gets naughty like that.

Wonder if I did right to give in? Was I wrong to reject her in the 1st place?

Sigh...

She's such a slooooooowwwww eater. I recall seeing Elijah eating Duck Rice by 14th month. AN's already 15 months and she's still eating soupy stuff. Even then she's taking soooooo long to swallow whatever's in her mouth (except biscuits).

I know not all babies are the same, but her food turns cold even before she finishes half of what's in the bowl all the time.

Sigh....

How leh like that? Take her eternity to finish just one meal and it's a fight each time I feed her. *scratch head*...

Sigh...

No comments: