Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Snake in my garden!

We were getting ready to leave the house to get groceries on Saturday. Mr Liow took AN out to the car 1st while I gave BM their chew toys. As soon as I stepped out of the door which Mr Liow left open for me, I saw a SNAKE by the bush right outside!!!

It was black with bright yellow stripes! Thank God it didn't creep in while the door was open. Really thank God for that (BM could have become snake food while we were out! *shudder*)

Mr Liow freaked out when I told him about the snake and he saw it for himself too when he went to check it out. He saw the snake slide into our garden and decided to make a report at the general office instead of going out there and then. I wasn't sure if there was another snake that slipped in unnoticed when I saw that one outside..

What he got from the management was that we could call 911 to have them come catch the snake. We'd have to keep an eye on the snake's whereabouts if we do call but the snake was too fast for us.

Seconds after Mr Liow saw it make its way into our garden, I headed straight to the glass door overlooking the garden to see where it could be. It was nowhere to be found, unless it was hiding among a bush in the garden that was overpowered by weeds (sad to say, our plan to do up our garden failed terribly...).

In the end, we decided not to call 911. We've lost sight of the snake, and like what one of them at management office told Mr Liow, it was good to have a snake around. They help rid us of pests like cockroaches and rats. Mr Liow thought it was a joke but the maintenance guy who said that insisted that he was serious, that having a snake around might not be that bad afterall. hmm...I think he meant that as long as a snake is NOT inside the house.

We checked the house for any traces of snakes (with the help of Baileys and Maen who continued doing their own things, smelling around the house). Nothing, so we went out again.

Thank God BM were still alive (and still are, as I'm doing this entry) by the time we came home on Saturday. I think the snake's gone..*phew*

No comments: