Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's starting to work!

By not making a fuss over AN during her meals as recommended by the articles, I'm starting to see things taking a turn for the better!

Save for her reluctance this morning during breakfast and morning snack, she was alright through her lunch, showed interest in MY lunch, slept, woke up and had a wee bit of pre-mixed milk for afternoon snack (abt 60mls), and then fed herself during dinner just a while ago.

The articles say to get her involved in food preparation. She's too young but I carried her while I cook so she could see what I was preparing.

That got her REALLY interested and she couldn't wait to try the food before her eyes! I was elated of course, but did my best to contain my excitement. Told her to wait while I transferred the food from the wok to the plate before I gave her some to try.

Asked if she wanted dinner (thought of waiting till Mr Liow gets back before we all eat together) and she said yes (she HARDLY says yes to anything, even if she wanted it...wow!!)

So I put the food together in the bowl and peeped at her feed herself. hehe. I'm not allowed to make a fuss over her eating anything, remember? And it's one of my resolution for this year, not to stare my life over her eating, however rare or precious those times may be..

While she ate, I did the dishes. She looked at me once in a while and all I did was return her gaze with a smile. She was satisfied and carried on digging in.

I noted down the food she had each day since Monday and total intake wasn't a lot. Good enough to us tho, given that she had almost nothing during the weekend before that.

This may or may not be one off (hope she's finally getting into food again) but it IS encouraging to see things moving instead of me going through a cycle of cook-serve-baby reject-throw food away each day. Worse when I get all impatient and make things difficult for the baby who's only going through a phase in growing up.

Thanks for all your prayers too!

Looking forward to tomorrow but I'm not pinning my hopes too high since the books also said that they may eat a lot a day and eating practically nothing the next.

**Edited at 8.30pm: I was snacking on french fries for supper (yes, I'll be putting on winter weight...) and AN was interested. She took a fries, noticed a chicken strip inside the box and reached out for the chicken strip instead. Then she slowly, but steadily munched on the chicken before passing less than half of it back to me..

If she will eat like this, our trip next week to LA (again, to meet my family this time) will be much less of a worry than our last trip.

No comments: