Monday, February 16, 2009

Nissan Maxima

Mr Liow bought me my 1st new transport today! He said it's my belated Valentine's Day gift..erm...Thanks leh dear. hehe.

It was another aimless day and Mr Liow suggested we go check out used cars, so we did. Then he got all excited about Honda Civic and asked if I was ready to have my own car. The Civic was a little pricey but looked really impressive with its own navigation system.

We walked around a little and I saw this Nissan Maxima in Gold. Its got a built-in navigation system too and almost everything about it is motorised. All seats come with heater selection, even its steering wheel does. And it's got all sorts of gadgets! Have I mentioned that it's cheaper?

Mr Liow took the car for a spin, started to negotiate on the prices of both cars (our Chrysler Town and Country to be traded in for this Nissan Maxim) and before we knew it, a deal was done!

He figured out that since prices of Chrysler cars are depreciating fast, it's safer to have it traded off soon before it gets worthless by next year. After doing the maths, Mr Liow realised that we'd simply be making the same amount of loss holding on to the Chrysler as much as we would if we were to trade it in now and make a loss from the Nissan at the end of our tour.

And we get to drive a Nissan Maxima if we did the trade.

He took over an RX300 from a colleague himself at a super duper good deal (don't jump at the mention of Lexus. It is priced far lower than Lexus back in Singapore, even cheaper than MY Nissan - oohhhh...feels so shiok to call it MY Nissan. hehe!)

So we have a car each from Tuesday onwards. With my own transport now, I can sign AN up for Gymboree classes, bring her around, take BM to the fenced dog park, for grooming, or wherever! That's provided I dare drive far enough without Mr Liow sitting beside me.

Will take pictures of MY new transport tomorrow. hee.

No comments: