Thursday, July 9, 2009

Maen's Entry: Bubble bubbles

Mummy bathed me today! This is the first time I got bathed in this house and I would say, it was kinda nice. Maybe coz it's been a long time since mummy bathed me personally.

We didn't have our usual heavenly Oatmeal scented Aloveen (mummy still can't find it anywhere, not even online, not at reasonable prices till now). She got us All Systems Super Conditioning the last time at Petedge with the other goodies, and so bathed me with this.

That was a 'good' brand in Singapore but mummy's never tried anything else on us since we were puppies (Aloveen did make us smell yummy for a long time after bath). This time after bath, mummy didn't seem too impressed with the results. I smell more shampoos after this.

The bath was good coz mummy spent a good time massaging me. Mummy sounded relax while massaging me. I think she enjoyed my bath more than I did. She said bathing me was "therapeutic". That must mean something good right?

It was wierd having to run so far to get my bath. In the past, we only had to follow mummy into the shower room.

Now, I have to run all the way upstairs and if I'm too slow, I won't be able to find mummy! Took me a while dashing in and out of rooms to find mummy and the running water in the tub (and silly mummy kept shouting for me. I don't know upstairs well, alright mummy?)

And since it's so dry here, according to mummy, she didn't have to blow me dry. I totally agree with that decision. Waste my time sitting there everytime after baths till I dry. I can run myself dry, can't I? Not in humid Singapore, mummy says. Yes, now that we are here in dry Tucson. I did dry in no time!

Bathing time is short compared to Singapore now that we do not have to be blown dry!

It's going to be gor gor's turn tomorrow if papa can wake up in time to watch over human puppy. Mummy's going to use Bio-Groom Anti Itch on gor gor tomorrow, and then compare which smells better. That Anti-Itch is supposed to contain Oatmeal but smells nothing like Aloveen. Mummy says she's hoping it will smell better on gor gor than it does in the bottle (both All System and Bio Groom smells like fragrance which mummy doesn't like on us).

http://www.tomlyn.com/pages/pr_shamp_05.html

Mummy just ordered each of the above (Strawberry, Original and Half & Half) online. She's never used this on us but Auntie Chloe said Toby bathed in this and mummy liked how it smells in the bottle. It's so cheap here! If the scent lasts on us, and helps relief our itching, mummy's going to stock up in gallons. hehe.

And hopefully, we can find Aloveen before we go back!

6 comments:

Cocoa the Beagle said...

We love the strawberry milk bath but it has been discontinued in Sg! The distributor is no longer bringing them in. SIGH!!!!!!!

Aloveen is great too!

Wags,
Cocoa and Barley

Boredlittleflower said...

Cocoa, if u want, next time when mummy buys in Gallons when we get home, we split half with u guys?

Yes, Aloveen brings back lots of puppyhood memories. Too bad it's not as easily available here. :(

Baileys & Maen

Cocoa the Beagle said...

Hey guys, thanks alot but it's ok lah, we still have several 'miscellaneous' shampoos lying around here and there (mum's compulsive buying!). Dad says no more new shampoo until we finish all our old ones!

Boredlittleflower said...

ur mummy collect shampoos? Wondering if she had any idea which other shampoos smell and last like Aloveen? Does Episoothe or Allergroom come close? They looked similar in packaging but that's not a good gauge.

We still looking for something close to Aloveen.

Is the Tomlyn strawberry one lasting?

Cocoa the Beagle said...

Actually we feel the strawberry smell is not as lasting as Aloveen. Perhaps it's becos Aloveen has a leave-in conditioner bah.

For me, my coat gets quite soft after using the strawberry milk bath, but for Barley's fine coat, it kinda looks frizzy after a couple of days. Maybe Sg too humid or something. His coat usually looks better with a seperate or leave-in conditioner.

So far we tried some other brands like:

1. Plush Puppy
- Really nice smell and cleanse out mud well too. Contains EPO, coat feels really soft after use. But not alot of places sell it, mum bought at APC.

2. Chitocure
- Nothing really fantastic. Rather get Aloveen.

3. Spa Lavish
- Another great lasting-smelling one! But somehow our dad says he prefers Aloveen smell cos Spa Lavish kinda resemble 'perfume' to him.

3. Chandrika soap (Ah-bu-neh-neh' soap)
- Mum use this to wash our paws and chest after our tulang meal to clean out all the oil and meaty smell.

4. Forbis Aloe Vera Shampoo and Conditioner
- This is the current one we are using. A korean brand, smells really nice and fresh. The conditioner works great on Barley's coat to reduce static. The smell lasts too! So far we are on our 2nd bottle now.

Actually best is if ur mum can go to the pet store and erm 'secretly' open up the shampoo bottle cap to smell. Hehehhee that's what our mum does everytime :P

Wags,
Cocoa and Barley

Boredlittleflower said...

Cocoa! Thanks for the reviews!

Mummy used to secretly open up bottle to smell them but nw tt we are here,some familiar brands are only found online, and those sold in stores are never heard of back home. Mummy has this old thinking that familiar brands are better trusted ones. muahaha!

We read about your ah-by-neh-neh soap in doggiesite. haha! Ur mummy so cute!