Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Blessed 5 years old to Baileys

Dear Baileys,

I've had intentions to make you write your own post for this year's birthday since you are already 5 years. You are a grown boy now.

But, how not-meaningful will that be if I do not write your birthday blessings for you this year?

As I've always said, you are the better behaved darling when compared to Maen. Even sometimes as I put you beside AN, you still stand out as winner in the "Obedience" category.

From being my one and only baby, to having to adapt to Maen, and now AN (probably even more human puppies to come in future), you never once showed displeasure.

You taught Maen to playfight and protect herself and now Maen turns back to bully you.

You watched over AN when she started crawling and during that period in AN's life, she's never fallen off the sofa nor our platform back home in Fernvale Lane, as long as you were at home (or not napping).

Maen became the dominant one and you willingingly allowed her to overtake you. AN came and took over as 'young leader of the pack', and again you allowed her to, without so much as a whine.

I remember you did, when you started marking the house when AN was a newborn. Even though you did complain a little (not that you did not, I just forgot for a while), you went on to lick and love her.

When you see anyone other than papa and myself trying to carrying AN, you would follow them closely or even bark at some! People who do not know better might think you are a naughty boy. In my eyes, you are a very protective brother who cared no more about position in the pack than the safety of its members. You still are!

You are a canine with strong jaws and sharp teeth but one with such a gentle spirit. AN's tested your patience so often and never once have you lost it.

I remember feeding you medications 2 years ago when you had such a bad diarrhoe. You were chewing and chewing, just so that I could not get the pill in your throat but when you felt my finger approaching, you kept your jaws open and laid no teeth on my finger holding those much hated pills. You ended up taking them as much as you hoped you needed not to.

I've wished you'd turn into a real boy so often but unless this is fairyland, you will never be one. You behave so sensibly even papa agrees that you feel so human. I cannot imagine you are already 5 year old. Every year from now on, one year added to your life is a year nearer to losing you. I dare not think about it but something just keeps reminding me.

I pray the Lord will extend your life beyond the usual CKCS lifespan. I pray the Lord will keep you healthy and strong. I pray every bones in your body will remain as new as they were when you were a young adult and that you will never need to feel pain, not even till you breath your last.

Some pictures of you as a puppy (you were sooooo cute and fragile then! Papa travelled sooo slowly when we first brought you home in case you felt nausea during your first car ride)

I love hugging you to sleep but as you grow older, you seem to prefer lying in between my thighs with them as pillows. Oh well, guys' ego, maybe?

Your first bath

Your first paw-fur cut
First nail clipping on the same day (never had a problem cutting ur nails or trimming your fur despite advises telling me not to cut your nails in ur sleep so that you would get used to it and not protest when you get older)

You at 6 months old

And you looking puzzled at almost 2 years old.

Hope you enjoyed the trip up to Mt Lemmon. I'm sorry you had to be in the car for a while coz they do not allow you in the Oktoberfest.


Our complete family

This is how you bear with AN's taunting



Love you Baileys!
From Mummy, Papa, Maen and Adrielle

4 comments:

Cocoa the Beagle said...

That look on Bailey's face when AN is playing with his ear is priceless!!!! LOL!!!

Happy Birthday to you Baileys! You truly have grown to be such a charming boy! Muahhh!!

Love,
Cocoa, Barley and Mummy

Boredlittleflower said...

Thank you, Beans!

We've been missing you guys, where have you gone?

Love, Baileys

Cocoa the Beagle said...

Our mum is dead busy preparing her customary wedding stuffs like photo shoot / hotel venue / manicure etc! Hooomans are so troublesome!

Sigh... guess it's gonna be a while more before we start blogging! Arrrghh!!

Have fun guys!

Wags,
Cocoa and Barley

Boredlittleflower said...

No wonder!!

My mummy says it's taking up so much of your mummy's time now but after it's over, ur pawrents will miss all these prep!

U guys get to appear in their album?? Will ur mummy be sharing photos in ur blog??

We're so excited for them and you guys!

Love, Baileys