Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 19: Cute Baby

It's Art lessons today and most of her friends from the previous class have progressed to this current one that she's attending. Still, she behaves so aloof towards them. Really have no idea why. The kids she relate to (those she speaks to and allows to touch her) has increased.... to 3. There's Kimberly, Danielle (Ronald's youngest girl) and Xavier whom she warmed up to fastest.

AN despite being unfriendly in class, was well behaved and had lots to tell me about on our way to class and back today.

Once home, she said: "Mummy I need to sleep now." Her words of this week are "need", "like it", "buy", "pay money" and "now". She uses them a lot since the last week.

She asks for things and wants them "now". If I made her wait, she will go: "Mummy, now please", and tries to help me so that I can give her things "now". If she can't help, she will take things from my hands, place them somewhere (if she can) and lead me to what she wants.

And she will empasis she "needs" them if I am to ask her why the urgency.

We went to walmart after her late lunch ( thank God she ate and took only an hour today). She went around shopping, as if she was in charge -_____-". She took things and put them in the cart as walked. I asked why she put them into the cart and her reply was: "Because I need them!"

As we shopped, she would make coments like: "This is nice. I like it. Let's buy this!"

We ended up with an umbrella for her, yogurt (she stopped liking them for some time already but said she liked them. Hmmm?) and dinner rolls. I'm prepared to bear the cost of finishing them on my own but she did promise she will eat them. I told her that she wanted to buy them, she has to eat them and asked: "who will finish them if you don't?" I was nagging but she confidently replied: "Mummy will finish everything."

Mutual understanding huh?

Dinner was 'structureless' with baked chicken wings and a hard boiled egg for each of us. She finished a chicken mid-joint and a whole hard boiled egg. After that, she asked for yogurt and started eating it happily. She stopped after completing about half a pack and went to play with her umbrella. I did ask if she didn't want it anymore and she said "yes".

So, I finished the rest of her yogurt. She saw me scratching the bottom of the pack and quickly stopped me, saying she still wanted the yogurt. I reminded her that she said "yes" when I asked if she didn't want it anymore and she rebutted me saying: "I say yes. I still want my yogurt."

-______-"

Had to open up another pack which she could only finish half. Like she expected of me, I finished the rest of everything.

She might not have eaten a lot today but she had a bit of everything. And she was good.

I enjoyed this day.

Oh yes before I forget, she made herself some money today, out of the unwanted magazines. She cut out a few pieces papers with almost similar widths and told me: "Mummy I have money now! Look!" She seems happy she can now pay for more imaginary Bubble Tea.

No comments: