Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 22: To Isabelle's Place Again

Countdown: 2 days

It's Friday today and we were supposed to go for AN's music class (which she enjoyed most) but we missed it (as with most Fridays) coz AN insisted on brushing her own teeth, getting her own amount of hand soap to wash her hands, and change. By then, it was 9.30am and we would not have been able to make it to class on time. -______-"

Was glad we missed class though. Jaslin needed the borrow the car coz she was not feeling well and her car could not start. She's going back on 9th December. That's so fast...it's a pity I didn't get to know her better sooner. Am going to miss her. She said we can catch up back in Singapore. We can, and then the thought of catching up with Tucson friends came to mind. Catching up with Tucson friends will be much harder than catching up with friends who have returned to Singapore. 5 more months....time flies.

We went to Isabelle's place again this afternoon, supposedly to return her pot but I forgot to bring it out with us. Hehe.

Kimberly was in school when we went today, so AN had only Issac to play with.

The moment we reached, Issac stood at the door waiting for us to enter but dared not approach AN. Isabelle said she warned Issac not to disturb AN coz AN was afraid of him.

AN, in fearful anticipation of Issac's approach, asked to be carried. Issac saw AN's reaction and hurriedly tugged at my t-shirt saying, "It's not me! It's not me!". hahaha! He was so cute! He didn't want to be punished for disturbing AN when he did not even do anything and wanted someone to know that. hahaha!

Isabelle made Bah Chor Mee (Minced Meat Noodles) for lunch. I'm so envious of the ladies here. They can make all sorts of local goodies! I tried making dried noodles and they tasted like....home-made. Quite yucky, to be true. hehe.

AN took a long time to eat, not much but I was happy enough. Issac was not hungry and left the dining table after a short while. While AN ate, Issac went to get his toys and brought them to the dining table to show AN. He played aloud, flipped around and even fell upside down. That made AN giggle. So cute, both of them. hehe.

Kin, Isabelle's friend who was also at her home, said Issac was trying to get AN's attention.

After AN was done with eating, Issac ran into Isabelle's room and asked AN to "come with me".

AN dragged me along with her and saw Issac happily lying on Isabelle's bed. She then started laughing and climbed onto Issac todder bed and laid down. She smiled at me and said she liked the bed. I asked if she wanted to stay in the room with Issac and she said yes, so I left her in there.

I went out and had a chat with the ladies. We could hear the 2 young kiddos laughing happily in the room. Isabelle must have felt something was wrong and decided to check on the 2 of them.

We went to the room and saw......the 2 kiddos jumping happily on the adults' bed!!!

Ooops...very bad manners! I felt so paiseh!

Issac got told off by Isabelle but I couldn't bear to tell AN off coz she was so happy (but got frightened when she saw Isabelle didn't look happy). AN hugged me tight and kept kissing me but dared not say anything. I told her it was wrong to jump on others' bed (but I doubt it went in to her there and then when I said it). Isabelle wasn't upset with AN though and gave AN a hug to say everything's ok.

This invincible baby at home, is a terrified little deer outside wor..hehe.

She dared not leave my side for a while but Isabelle generously offered another room (poor Shaun) for the kiddos to play in. Issac warmly encouraged AN to jump with him (on Shaun's bed, or rather, the bottom of it. It's a foldable bed) and after a short while, AN went to join him but she asked that I go with her. I told her I would stand at the entrance of the room to watch her and she agreed.

After jumping, she went to doodle with Issac on his white board, played cars and matching cards etc.

Finally after so long, AN opened up more to Issac. She would still avoid him after a while (I don't understand why) and then return to play with him after the 'break'.

By the time Kimberly came home, AN was about sleepy enough to be a little touchy. Issac was, too. Isabelle said it was time for his nap too, so we left.

A pity AN didn't get to play with jie jie Kimberly today. She gave Kim a hug and kiss before we left. I like Kim. Isabelle said Kim's forever talking and gets on her nerves. I thought Kim is rather quiet and gentle. hehe. Maybe not to Issac but to the other younger children, besides AN.

It's Saturday tomorrow and Mr Liow will be back home by Sunday.

We are still alive after 3 weeks. Thank God!

P.S.: I put AN in the front passenger's seat after we got home while I made sure I have everything I needed to bring into the house with me. AN pulled down the sunshade in front, flipped the mirror cover open and looked into it. Then she smiled, patted her own cheeks while saying: "hmm...nice. So pretty." Aiyo....so vain!

This morning was the same. She wanted blusher after I washed her face -_______-". She wants blusher most of the mornings nowadays after her face wash. To make her happy, I pretended to swirl my brush in the pan and then 'applied' blusher on her cheeks. She inspected herself and questioned me: "Mummy. No blusher?"

Mummies cannot lie right? So I applied enough for her to see pink on her cheeks. She was happy and kept admiring herself in the mirror. While doing so, she commented: "Wow! Adrielle is so pretty!"

So vain!

I washed her face again after she was done admiring herself coz I do not see the blusher benefitting her in any ways. She agreed coz I told her she will have rashes if we leave the blusher there for too long. See? Vain right? She didn't want rashes.

Every morning while I wash up now, she will help herself to my eyeshadows and brushes. Wonder if it's good or bad. By the time I finish washing up each day, she will have swatched my eyeshadow colours on her arms and tell me what colours they are, from left to right. At least she learns colours from that.

Bye bye, eyeshadow.

No comments: