Thursday, January 14, 2010

To Pinetop, AZ

We will away for a 'snowy' weekend from Friday to Monday. And the exciting part is, Baileys will be coming with us!!

U may wonder why we will not be bringing both, or why B and not M. We will be bunking with another family (with kids who love both B and M but do not keep pets) and I do not want the kids to fall sick due to allergy (in case they have unknown allergies to pet dander or fur). One dog will be just nice. And coz it will snow, road conditions might not be ideal for too much travelling, so we will be having steamboat dinners in the house (4 families including ours, but 2 separate houses). We will be bringing lots of stuff with us and AN, that's about as much as we can care for on one trip)

Baileys is the more disciplined one but more wary of strangers (he shuns people he are wary of and barks if they approach when we are home. He's ok outside though, but we've never stayed with anyone else in a new and strange environment before, so I won't know). He will be easier to manage.

Maen is better with kids. She's gentle, and cute, and silly, and WILL DIE FOR ATTENTION. She will enjoy herself too.

Hard choice, is it not?

So I thought of how they might be in our absence.

Maen being the adorable one, gets lots of attention at Camalot I believe. They love Baileys too but I think it's easier for Maen to get the attention she wants than it is for Baileys.

So we decided to bring Baileys.

And then while in the room just now, Maen followed me in and waited for me while I kept the clothes. Maen is my opposite pole: she goes where I go. Baileys too, but Maen more. She will follow me, even into forbidden rooms. Baileys will obey and leave when he knows I am not giving in. Maen is sure that I will give in if she waits long enough. And she is right.

I wonder if she will be able to cope without Baileys beside her. I wonder if she will feel lost (she finds courage in Baileys!).

Maybe she's not as lousy as I think she is. Who knows, maybe she's able to take care of herself now. She's turning 5 end of Feb. She's no longer a blur little pup.

And Baileys, I hope he will enjoy himself and not fall sick. It's not super cold, but it's a snow mountain afterall. I'm going to put 2 sweaters on him. He does not have pants. Anyone knows if it is necessary? I will be bringing his booties too. Oh, he's going to need a bath before we leave so that he's as clean as possible and does not cause the other kids to fall sick. He loves kids too, and loves attention (but he will not die for it). He loves to be near us (just like Maen and maybe a tiny bit more for B). He will definately enjoy this weekend!

I am excited that for once, we can bring them (or at least one) with us, especially to play in snow. Baileys love to rub his whole body on the ground (yucks when he does that on soil). Wonder if he will like snow as much.

Looking forward to this trip :)

No comments: