Saturday, February 6, 2010

All about Baby

AN has been really cute since she knew the good news.

For the past 2 mornings (including today), she woke up and gave my tummy a kiss. She said she wants to kiss her baby.

Even during nap in the afternoon yesterday, she gave her 'baby' a pre-nap kiss.

She does everything else with the baby in mind.

I had been doing sit-ups and leg raises since about 2 weeks back because the bulging tummy bothered me and AN would imitate me. She does leg raises effortlessly!

This morning, she asked me to flip up shirt up so that (in AN's words): "Baby can see me exercise." After exercising for less than a minute, she decided she wanted to cook for baby and made sure my tummy was bare so that baby could see her.

AN then whipped out her Little Einstein toy that plays music and started twirling like a little ballerina to the music. As she danced, I gently tapped on my tummy. AN noticed and hurriedly came to remind me: "Mummy!! Not so hard! Be gentle ok?" And she went on to tap my tummy with her fingers real gently to show me what she meant by being gentle.

She's nursing to sleep now and stroking my tummy as I am typing this.

Lots of people have been telling me that during this period, AN will be extremely sticky to me and might even be a little stubborn. So far, AN has been well behaved (except for her non-improving eating habits). In fact, I feel AN has been better behaved these few days in a row than she had been most of the other times.

I hope this good behavior continues. I want to be happy so that baby will be born cheerful too. And when I'm cheerful, AN is also a happy girl.

No comments: