Monday, February 8, 2010

AN the Mediator

Mr Liow and I had an argument yesterday during lunch and I ignored him after that.

As we walked into Foothill Malls after lunch, AN came to ask me: "Mummy angry with papa?". I told her I was and I did not want to talk to him. She then replied: "Adrielle likes to talk to mummy." As we continued walking a little more, she asked if I was angry again and told me: "Mummy, talk to Adrielle ok? Don't be angry with papa ok?" I then carried her up to give her a hug. She's such a dear! She was worried I would also get upset with her because I was upset with Mr Liow but then she was also brave enough to speak up for him!

While chatting with Mr Liow last night, he recalled what AN told him in the afternoon and was tickled.

He said AN shook her finger at him and said seriously: "Uh-oh...Papa make mummy angry..." when he took her out as I shopped in Old Navy. He was caught off-guard at that point and was at a loss for words. AN then continued: "Papa, naughty...make mummy angry.."

Mr Liow told her it was her who made me angry but she was very sure she did not and insisted: "No. Not Adrielle! It is papa!"

While walking back to the car after shopping, AN was holding Mr Liow's hand and me on my own. She stretched out her right hand and told me: "Mummy hold me!" so she had both Mr Liow and I on each of her side. She would not usually ask to be held by both of us unless she wanted us to swing her. That seemed unlike her intention yesterday.

It surprises me when I heard Mr Liow tell me how AN 'blamed' him yesterday and as I recall AN asking to be held by both of us, and her casually asking me not to be angry with MR Liow, I can't help but feel warm.

My girl is growing and growing up to be sensitive to feelings. :)

1 comment:

Juno said...

Maen and Baileys,

OMD, this little human girl has grown up. Whenever we come by your blog, we tell you the same thing but we're so surprised this time. She has grown not just 'outside' but 'inside'. :) Your little sissy is a true little princess.

We're very happy to learn about your future sissy or brudder. Congratulations! :)

Momo & Pinot