Thursday, April 1, 2010

So far so good

AN has not had diarrhea today as of now (7.25pm). Thank God for that! She did cringe and whine a few times in seeming discomfort. I took her to the toilet in case she needed to let go (either from top or bottom) but neither happened. I think she's still getting tummyaches but the pain didn't seem to bother her for more than 20 seconds.

She had super little to eat and is not drinking as much as she needed to. She's still feeling a little tired and almost fell asleep on her own as soon as she hit the sofa after a light dinner just now.

Seeing her feeling so much better today made Mr Liow and I so happy. Really, nothings more important than a happy and healthy child.

Being well means she gets up to mischief again. I was secretly wishing that she remained vulnerable and needy. I didn't mind cleaning up messy vomit or spending hours rubbing her back to comfort her. I could hug her to sleep all day while stroking her hair... I prefer that to having to repeat instructions to a stubborn 3 years old who decides when or whether she wants to obey.

But when I'm reminded of how terrible she looked and must have felt when sick, the same thoughts came back: I'd rather she remains happy and healthy.

She's been to the doctor so much lately that she knows exactly what they would be doing with her, and she makes me her patient now. She starts by listening to my heart and lungs, push a stick into my mouth, and then inspect my ears. Then she tells me I have to eat my medicine if I want to get well...hmmm... I wonder who was the one who refused medicines...

My baby....I'm just so thankful she seems fine now.

No comments: