Thursday, May 13, 2010

Enjoying the kicks

I'm enjoying the little boy's kicks. It's getting stronger by the day but not enough to hurt me yet.

And Mr Liow felt him bump me on my tummy from inside last night. That was his first encounter with his boy (human). Previously, the little boy was not strong (or maybe big enough) to kick beyond the surface.

He's moving a lot more than I remember AN used to. And AN was gentle. This one at 20th week is already moving so much and is 'rougher' than his elder sister. I hope these little movements that I am enjoying now will not evolve into rough karate or Yong Chun chops in the next few months.

I'm feeling better by the day. No more queasiness, only occassional tiredness (not as bad as it was from weeks back), less quick-temperedness, better appetite (but still not constantly hungry yet). There are still backaches many times a day and they can ache so bad if I do not sit properly or if I put too much weight on one side of my body when I stand. Still manageable with some help though.

They said the tummy looks round when pregnant with girls and 'sharp' when with boys. I don't exactly know how 'round' or 'sharp' should be but I could feel a different tummy shape from last time. AN was higher up the tummy and her movements were mostly in the middle section nearer to the gastric. This boy is always at the bottom, nearer to my pelvic and his movements can tickle me between my legs when I sleep curling up sometimes.

It's like this tummy is drooping while with AN, the tummy was 'pushed up'.

It's my 20th week now. Very fast right? One more month and that will mark the end of my second trimester.

No comments: