Saturday, May 8, 2010

Random updates

I think I'm going to fall sick again. My throat feels dry, and I feel like a dry cough is approaching. Is it the pollen allergy symptom? Or flu? Sigh...I don't want to fall sick again. Even AN is showing similar symptoms like mine...uh-oh..

Oh yes, I've just gotten conditioners for AN because her hair is always tangled up at the ends. The first few times, I washed the conditioner off but thought I could try see if works better as a leave in for once (instructions said I could). The very next day, I noticed LOTS of hair on AN's rubber band as I removed it. And there were lots of her hair on the sofa, her pillow and her bed! She's already got very little hair. I've stopped leaving the conditioner in since then and her hair loss is not as bad now.

I started feeling the baby from inside me a week or 2 ago and today, I noticed I could even feel its sudden movements with a palm over my tummy! It's either starting to kick harder or is nearer to the surface now. I recalled AN was really gentle with me. She rubbed herself against the 'walls' from the inside more than she punched or kicked, so I've never had the experience of watching a palm print emerging on my tummy from the inside.

AN has quite a keen sense of smell. Like I posted some time ago when she actually knew I had chocolates because she could smell my breath as I nursed her, this afternoon, she pointed out: "Mummy, my food smells like oil." She could smell the olive oil I used to make her food! And she is not a fan of olive oil.

We'll be going for the ultrasound this coming Monday and are hoping we will be able to see the gender of this new family member. AN has to repeat herself again and again that she wants a sister. And she is very very insistent. She is very sure a brother will 'bully' her and is already pleading that I protect her if this one is not a sister. She reminded me that I have to give time out and scold the little boy when he's naughty.

It's finally weekend again. I pray AN and I remain well, that this is probably just an allergy and that we will get to enjoy this weekend with the papa.

Oh yes!! Before I forget, a word of THANKS to all who volunteered their face and hair for me to do if I could when I go back! I will update you gals again later because I also can't tell if I will be a suffering pregnant woman this time. I only know up till now, this pregnancy is not as enjoyable as my first. hehe. Sure hope I can do at least a few before baby comes.

Happy weekend to all!

No comments: