Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 3: Driving License Converted!

Like we did the past 2 mornings, we woke up at about 6am, tossed and turned a little till about 7.30am and then woke up feeling extremely hungry. So, we went out for breakfast!

AN and I shared a plate of mushroom noodles (mee kia in simple dark sauce) and Mr Liow had char siew wonton noodles. AN had a surprisingly huge appetite and finished almost half of my noodles and since Mr Liow was craving for something more than wonton noodles, he got us another bowl of lor mee to share. How not to put on weight? In fact, Mr Liow already noticed that I'm fleshier now! I don't know if it's coz I kept eating since we got back, or if it's just pregnancy weight gain. I feel my toe ring lately and when I look, they look tight!! Once upon a time, they were so loose I could turn them around those 2 toes and had to make sure they didn't fall off. Am I not realizing I have grown fat??

Some people say hormones change more if a mum is expcting a boy, and the mum goes through lots of changes during pregnancy. Some become...less than attractive. I think I am one of those. AN made me feel good and I think I had what some call the 'pregnancy glow'. Not with this one!

Uh-oh.. Hehe.

Mr Liow and I felt more tired today than the past 2 days and took a nap. My mum brought AN to Compasspoint while we slept. When they came home, AN excitedly told us that popo bought her 'bah hoo' (pork floss). Mum got pork, fish and chicken floss for her little princess but guess what this princess told us? "Popo got me bah hoo but only very little"

-______-"

Told her popo bought her varieties and she should be thankful, so she went out to say thanks to popo.

She was tired too by noon and asked to rest, so I laid down bside her. In less than a minute, she was out.

Mr Liow and I then left quietly for Ubi Driving Centre to have my foreign driving license converted.

I tried driving Mr Liow's 'Wish' but gave up after we exited the multi-storey carpark. The road inside HDB estates is ridiculously narrow!! We both agree that the width of that one road which allows 2 cars travelling different directions here is the same as that one road that allows only 1 direction in Sonoran Terrace!! I keep looking into the side mirror to make sure I do not drive onto the kerb... Oh my goodness... I need LOTS of practises!!

One common thing that happens when one adjusts to driving back here is, we keep activating the wiper when our intention is to actually signal 'left' or 'right'. Hehe.

So, anyway, I almost couldn't get my license converted. It was not made known in their regulations but the foreign license has to show a validity of 1 year and I only renewed mine in April (coz of Mr Liow's extension in Tucson) which expires in Dec 2010. That's only 8 months. Even with Mr Liow's ITO which clearly shows the extension, the staff insisted we had to bring my previous license.

I can only produce that license when our boxes arrive in august. Who would have thought a valid license that's not expired is NOT good enough. So PV ladies reading this, have all your driving licenses with you in your wallet, and also your passport and ITO to bring to the driving centre if you need to convert your driving license. And Basic Theory has to be passed too (thanks God they still have my data in the computer, else I'll definitely need to retake my basic theory coz I lost all proof that I've passed it).

After some haggling, the lady agreed to give me my license, on the condition that we fax her my first Arizona license the moment I get it back.

I'm now legally allowed to operate class "3" vehicles, YEAH!! Mr Liow kept smiling coz if I were to take lessons and test/s here, chances are, it will take me forever to get this license (not to mention the thousands of S$ we'll be spending). It took me from 2002 since I passed my basic theory till before we left Tucson and I had not even started taking driving lessons.

And it took me only 2 days of 3 hrs' lesson each to get me my license to drive in Tucson.

License will arrive in about a month and I'll be on a year probation. Hehe.

The girls came over for dinner and we went shopping after that. Bro got a TV for me parents (for some reasons, TV at my parents' place keeps failing after warranty) and we spent some time walking through the mall. AN got to make a picture with coloured sand while 5 adults watched on.

AN is happy to be back. She's enjoying EVERY bit of attention she's getting from family here. She dances and everyone wAtches. She's loving it. Hee.

Oh yes, I finally had my haircut yesterday!! No more long, entangled hair!!

No comments: