Saturday, June 12, 2010

Just Get Used to It and My Perfect Angels

AN fell from the chair this morning during breakfast. She kept fidgetting while having breakfast and as warned, she had to feel the pain to remember to obey. What was I doing when she fell? I was cleaning up myself because she spilled orange juice on me.

When my daughter fell, granny was making coffee and when she saw AN fall, she loudly shouted at me asking: "How did she fall? How have you been looking after her?"

Erm...I wasn't actually looking after my own daughter. I pushed my daughter off her seat so that she will knock her head on the floor in actual fact. What was that shouting at me for in front of everyone else in the breakfast area? To make me look like an incompetent mum? Like as if my heart did not hurt when I saw my daughter fall and knock her head against solid floor! Have I ever made her feel bad when AN fell twice in her care during AN's 1st year? AN's gums even bled once when she knocked her face against our coffee table coz granny was glued to the TV.

But when Mr Liow came back (he went to check on BM whom we left in the room by themselves. They were PERFECT! hehe. Pooped and peed in the toilet as usual and made no noises in our absence. The breakfast area was within hearing range and we heard no barks at all. My darlings!), she then gently went: "oh, it was an accident. It's ok la."

How fake.

Immediately after breakfast, we headed to Dessert Hill again because Empress Dowager needed to continue shopping. I had a tummyache on the way there but decided not to stop halfway through the travelling because I could wait. Yet the moment we reached the outlet, mother and son left for shopping!! Good! I was holding a sleeping AN and having a tummyache! Mr Liow said he would wait for her in the car initially but she wanted military discount so he had to follow her. And then, they left.

Despite me protesting to another burden, aka a new BRANDED luggage, she got what she wanted. The mini van is filled with existing 5 luggages and 2 crates. Now she wants another one. When she came the first time, she bought so much stuff that we almost had trouble bringing back to Tucson and I had to carry AN and sit in a car PACKED with things because she even needed AN's carseat to place her loot. I got to feel how it will feel like to be nailed in a coffin, alive. It was that packed and I hated how it felt then. When I saw then getting the luggage despite my protest, my blood boiled.

Mr Liow not care about how I feel at all despite me repeating myself. Mum got her Burberry, Polo Ralph, another Coach bag and a Samsonite luggage.

Why is he ALWAYS giving in to her?? And I had to bear with my tummyache as they shopped because my hubby didn't hear my more than 10 phone calls for help. I am not going through another caustrophobic experience again. I will not!! Do not expect me to sit beside those luggages or Baileys and Maen to have to sit on the floor to the airport, even if it is for only 15 mins. If there will be no space, WHY GET ANOTHER LUGGAGE?? Not as if she needed it. She just WANTS another branded luggage at a fraction of the cost, at the expense of fellow passengers, like she did before and forever will.

I hated how things never seem to change. He assures me that he is in control and I trusted him. But he's ultimately her puppet afterall. Mum's word is his order.

He apologised for not picking up my calls because he didn't hear the phone ring. I am sorry too, that he is his mum's permanent puppet and I married him to be Mrs Puppet. He said it's hard for him to say anything. I told him I will not make it hard for him because I will not shout at his mother like he did to my dad. I will not take revenge, but it's not easy to forgive, let alone forget. I will bear with it for his sake. How was it that it was so easy for him to speak his mind with my parents and be able to say no so easily, yet not so with his mum?

Things cooled off by afternoon and we started talking again. No, I hated to be taken for granted. His mum got all the thanks for helping to clean the toilets with us for handover, but for the past 2 yrs, who was the one who had been doing the daily maintenance so that cleaning at the end was not as terrifying? And the 'magic stone' our kind maintenance guy passed to us that more than halved the effort. Hurray! Mum's the best! Mum cleaned our house! I do feel bitter because I sowed, and someone else reaped. Still, to be honest, my MIL did help us a lot with clearing the cabinets out by dumping most of the things in there unless she wasn't sure if we still wanted those things.

Upsetting things aside, MR Liow found a new pair of the sunglasses his mum lost and is super elated! I'm happy for him too because he really loved that pair that went missing. And it was even cheaper than it was 2 yrs ago during Thanksgiving.

I bought the Bach Remedy for Baileys and Maen. Didn't manage to find the one for dogs and so had to use this on them. Everything else is the same about this formula except that this one for human has alcohol in it although very minimum. Will read up about it more before I do.

We left them for almost 12 hrs in the new hotel right after checking in. I had a bad feeling that either it's going to be messy in the room or we'll be finding a note informing us that our dogs have been barking badly or worse, have been taken to the rescue shelter coz we left them in the room for so long.

When we returned to the hotel, everything was perfect like this morning! The room was clean and they did their business in the toilet. Don't know if they barked but they greeted us silently (and excitedly) when we returned. Nothing was damaged due to separation anxiety, there was no mess. My darlings were perfect, again!

They never fail to brighten up my days when I'm affected by something else in life. They are angel, my angels. How am I ever going to remain sane without them?

No comments: