Thursday, September 9, 2010

Almost there

Mum's gotten the idea that we will be doing confinement over at our place and is mentally prepared (although she still hints about it otherwise sometimes). If Ethan pops before we are ready, then we will continue to stay on here for the confinement, else back home we go.

What's left? More unpacking and we are left with the sofa, bed to arrive and window grilles installation.

Ethan will have his cord blood collected like Adrielle, so we'll be meeting the sale person next week. Citygas will also be coming to turn on gas supply next Tues. Sofa's coming in this Sat, window grilles will be up on the 18th Sept (next Sat), the same day our bed will arrive. I was worried about dust collecting on our bed and sofa when they do the drilling but Mr Liow was confident we can make adjustments here and there (either shift the furnitures somewhere or leave the plastic protectors on while they do the installation). It's true, we do not have many more weekends to wait for stuff to arrive.

Oh, we still have curtains tucked away in the storeroom that we need to send for laundry services! Almost forgot about it.

Next gynae appointment will be on 17th (next Fri). I thought I'd probably not see Dr Henry Cheng in his clinic the next time we meet but apparently with my faithful '3 times a day' ventolin intake, Ethan is able to remain in my womb. Seems to us we will still be able to give the clinic another visit next Friday. I was worried when Mr Liow told me the grilles will only be up on the 18th coz I expected Ethan to arrive sooner than that. Thank God we should be able to have all these in before he finally pops.

AN has been such an angel these past few weeks. When I flare up (or feel my temper rising), most times it's due to my changing hormones and not AN. This morning when we woke up, AN touched her training pants and said she peed in them. "I think twice or three times", she said. And then she said sorry to me. I smiled and hugged her to assure her it's ok. It's not WRONG to pee in training pants, less so when it was because she went to sleep in them. She's still not trained for the night. It's been mummy's impatience lately that probably caused her to be a little anxious about upsetting me with certain things she does or says.

And when she woke up to realise I have my left arm outside the blanket, she gently lifted my elbow (I wasn't totally awake but not asleep either, so I 'helped' a little) and tucked my arm under the blanket to keep me warm. Then she smiled and stroked my cheeks. How not to melt? That's how she's captured my parents hearts too (by giving them plentiful or hugs and kisses, especially when anyone leaves the house, or before bed/nap time). It's no wonder why my mum would prefer to keep AN here for as long as possible.

My parents have been of so much help too, from washing our clothes, to mum helping me with AN as much as AN would allow her to. Dad gets us food if mum happens to not be cooking for the day, or even when mum had to go out, she would get up super early to prepare lunch in advance so that we have food to eat in her absence.

Baileys and Maen misses the papers many many times (they try to pee/ poop on papers but most times, their pee shoots out of the boundary when they squat at a different angle). And Baileys had been happily marking my parents' rubbish bin and dining table leg. Instead of grumbling about it, they just kept trying to find ways to protect those 'spots' or if they fail, they just wash the bin up/ clean the table leg as much as they can.

I feel so bad and can't wait to bring them home. I see fur flying around the house (now that their coats are slightly longer) and the pee stains, plus papers to clear etc. I feel bad my parents have to be cleaning up after them.. 

So, yes, we're almost reaching the end of life back to normal. Baby will be out in the next few weeks, the house will finally be in order at the same time, we will go back to try handle the new addition etc. We're almost there!

No comments: