Monday, November 1, 2010

Bad vibes - negative feelings again

Didn't feel so good last Fri when Mr Liow rushed off to fetch his mum :(

It's become a routine for him to go fetch her, and it's fine with me (although sometimes when he has to work late and still rush to fetch her, I'd prefer she probably take a cab over or something..It pains me to see Mr Liow having to rush about after a long day at work).

SIL was supposed to drop her at our place before bringing the kids back to her own place on Fri and I do not know what happened (probably there was a little disagreement in between) but MIL called Mr Liow and told him that she wouldn't be coming over that weekend, and the next (which is the coming one). She said something like she has her own home and doesn't need to rely on others, or something to that extent, which Mr Liow didn't really comprehend either.

We were in the midst of eating and he was feeding AN. AN, as usual, was taking her own sweet time at eating (own sweet time is no offence. It's when she doesn't chew...that's what boils our blood!). After she hung up on him, Mr Liow got worried and called her back, assuring her that he would be going over to fetch her since SIL wasn't able to. I think she told him not to go get her coz he said something like "I'll go over once I'm done. Pack your things and wait for me." And he had to repeat a few times.

So, everything was a rush from that point on. AN should have enough by the time he hung up, so Mr Liow took her and left the house. I was left with all the dishes to do...and an infant who would wake up at the wrongest time of the day to fuss...

This brought back what happened during ER's full month bash for the relatives:
My parents came early to help, mum bathed AN after I was done with ER. Then I had time to make sure I look presentable enough for the lunch.

Mr Liow got a call from MIL who was just done with church at 12pm (when relatives were expected to start pouring in) to go fetch her. He left. Then buffet people came, did the setup and I had no idea where to get money to pay them. At the same time, HIS relatives started arriving and my parents didnt know who was who. I was looking like a freak with mascara on 1 eye while ravaging drawers for money to pay the buffet man and greeting relatives my parents do not know.

Church is in Jalan Kayu and we have a direct bus between our home and church. Less than 5 stops away...duno hw to take bus, cab also can right? Won't cost more than $6...Both locations are separated by only a big field...

If my family didn't arrive early, the kids probably won't have even taken their baths yet..!

All these that happened brought back very negative memories, of 'once upon a time', which I will not elaborate now. It was really once a upon a time when he was still in the army and if you recall something, it's probably IT. (Not forgetting 2008 claustrophobic experience for me, and 2010 luggage incident...and more!)

At that point, I felt like a second class citizen again (it happens when you have 2 citizens in the family). One mountain cannot hide 2 tigers.. I know it's stupid of myself to have to compare myself against MIL in Mr Liow's heart but I do...it just never fails to happen over and over again..

At a call, Mr Liow rushed over. Just like that, simple. I was just suggesting to him before he picked up her call, that he could suggest she take a cab over coz he was lamenting about being tired and hoping to stay at home to catch the 9pm show. Was glad he did not, else MIL would probably have felt even worse than she did then..

At a call, he went to fetch her at the busiest hour of the full month bash when it's so convenient between both locations...

What she wants, she gets. FULL STOP. Simple.

How did that (about Mr Liow rushing over to fetch his mum) make me feel like a 2nd class citizen? I looked at all those dishes and was hoping initially that he would have time to wait for me to finish doing those dishes before he left the house but with just one phone call, I'd have to take a seat and wait for my turn. Again, I wondered WHY she couldn't take a cab? She did not need to bring kids along with her. It was just her and her 3 bags (we always wonder why she needs 3 bags when she comes over for just the weekend).

BUT...it's really nothing serious. I keep trying to think positive to remain sane (among the daily things that happen possible to challenge my sanity). I am bothered there and then,when things happen but I'm trying not to be too bothered by him at her beck and call. (note that I mentioned 'trying') .I have more important things to worry about at this stage of my life than to wonder who my hubby loves more now. Like I've been telling him, I doubt he will ever have time for a 'fourth 'person in our marriage.

Maybe I should be thankful for this afterall..

No comments: