Friday, October 29, 2010

The human siblings

The littlest Liows 

Our first night trying out Mr Liow's new sleeping formation. ER slept in his cot for most parts of his first 5 weeks of life (if not on the master bed with my mum and I during the weekdays of my confinement) till Mr Liow suggested he could sleep in the rocker beside me instead. This is so that I do not need to get up and out of my sleeping position to attend to him. 

There are times when all he needed was a pat or hug, or simply be rocked to sleep but if he was in the cot, I'd have to move about. Sweet and smart of mr Liow to think of this. All I had to do was rock him if I didn't think he was hungry (if he started whining an hr after his last feed or something etc).

This was of the boy lying beside me when I tried nursing him lying down few days back (first day was good but he started showing signs of indigestion from the second day). The big sister saw him on the same bed when she woke up and was so excited (she loves him and that's sweet.). She shooed me away and asked to lie down beside her 'own little brother'. She's starting to label him as her 'own little brother' since days back.

Oops...the flash was a little too blinding. The boy was blissfully unaware and spared.

Right before we all tucked in one night, jie jie AN saw ER had his fist on his face and decided to move it away.

It makes her feel better to see that he's not suffocating himself.

And as usual, she's my very good helper by day too. If she was any older, I'd allow her to carry him. It's a pity the best she can do at this point is to rock him and as he grows, rocking may not work anymore.

No comments: