Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Infants are Cute! (ER's growth updates)

Can't help but think ER is cute. Hee. He's been cooing a lot more lately and maintains eye contact while doing that, like he's holding a proper conversation.

I like how he coyly blinks his eyes, sometimes looking away shyly, sometimes widening them as if he was surprised.

He's still wide awake as I'm writing this post, suckling while lying beside me (we've managed to maintain this position for the past week. No spitting up due to nursing this way). He's looking up at me while nursing, and chatting with me at the same time. He doesn't have big eyes but they sure look bigger when he gazes upwards...and that face... So cute. Hee.

He returns our smile too. Put our faces nearer to him and smile, he does the same back, sometimes.

I had been envious of Joan coz Darius is a daddy's boy. He wants daddy most times. Seems like ER is also showing signs too. YEAH! Whenever he's unpacifiable by me, most times after he's passed to Mr Liow, he either calms down or falls asleep! That is amazing, and its good news, for me at least.

He's been drinking rather little lately. Nurses for short periods of less than 5mins and sleep for 2 hours after that.

No more explosive poop that shoots right into us anymore. I didn't get any although Mr Liow said he still does it.

He's rather smiley, more so than cool AN who hardly smiled when she was a baby.

In short, I really am enjoying the infant stage of life this time round. The first time, I was too preoccupied with logistics and worried excessively over milk supply. Plus the lack of sleep made me wish motherhood was just bad dream that I could wake out of.

I'm still complaining about things that happen day in and out. But I see cuteness in ER, those I overlooked in AN. If only they never grow up, how nice. Hee.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: