Monday, November 15, 2010

"Walk out of the room to look for me"

Among some common behaviours that AN is punished for each day, shouting for me from her room after she wakes up each day is one that I didn't seem to see much improvement in. Shouting develops into screaming tantrums if I do not appear soon.

And patience is something I hv even lesser of these days... Each time she wakes up crying, I'll hv to remind her that we are at home and she can walk out of her room to look for me. If she shouts in the room, I wait for her to walk out. If she starts screaming, she gets punished.

But then right after waking up from a sleep, do I expect myself to immediately regain composure and recall specific instructions? It's not easy.

AN did it, 30 mins ago. I was awake but trying to fall asleep when I heard her through the baby monitor. The moment I opened the door, there she was, sobbing.

She remembered to "walk out of the room to look for me"! Even in the middle of the night, she remembered...

Have I been thinking worse of her than she really is becoming? I thought she's trying to be difficult each day when she starts screaming for me in the room. I thought she's simply being too stubborn to obey...

Wrong...she's trying to remember. She really is.

Judy, she's only 3 years old. Can you wake up and look carefully? She's only 3!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: