Friday, December 3, 2010

Bad behaviour

Today is one of those days when nothing seems to agree with AN. In fact, she's been itching to be ticked off more and more recently...

She loves vegetables but screamed in opposition when I put spinach in her bowl. First, she could have told me that she didn't want spinach. Didn't have to kick up a fuss. 2ndly, it was her favourite but she made it seem like it was liver or something...

She got what she was itching for: a good scolding. And guess what? She asked for spinach soon after, and she had quite a considerable amount of it...

She's not letting me out of her sight lately. Each time I'm separated from her by a door, she starts crying for me...I can't be where she can see me all the time, so you can tell how many times she cries each day...

She gives all sorts of excuses when I ask her to do things, or simply takes her time to continue with whatever she was doing, making me wonder if she was NOT going to do what I needed her to.

I've been showering less praises on her...I can no hardly find good reasons to praise her these days. Almost every single thing she does is a good reason for punishment on worse days...

I don't know what is wrong with her. Elder-child-with-new-sibling syndrome? Difficult-preschooler syndrome? Difficult-behaviour-before-falling-sick syndrome? or what? Whatever syndrome that is, it's just so draining to have to scold her for every little thing or hear her cry and cry...

Will this pass or is this already who AN is?? Sigh....

Updated @ 2am:
I asked Mr Liow if it was AN who's behaving bad or me who's short tempered. He was quick and frank: it is ME. He said I lose my temper very easily with AN these days.

I'll try to relax my expectations tomorrow and be as patient as I can with her. It's tough when she repeats the same undesirable behaviour so many times a day. I am no longer ready to give more chances when it keeps happening. But I love her and since Mr Liow had already pointed it out, I'll try to do something about it.

That only goes to show how lousy I'm doing as a mummy... Maybe my impatience caused her to feel insecure and anxious and she becomes increasingly attention seeking which in turn upsets me more. Why can't I just be more tolerant?? Why can't I...

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: