Monday, February 14, 2011

Bad mummy

AN needed a drink and woke me up. Got her some water in my own tumbler but she refused to drink from it. She wanted her own bottle which I left in Mr Liow's car. She then asked for water in her bottle with a monkey face (I think I dumped that coz we left it in the car for some time and forgot about it. I expected the bottom of that bottle to have formed slime by the time we remembered).

I got frustrated that she had to make this request at 2.30am when she could have just drank the water from my tumbler and then go back to sleep. Almost wanted to tell her to take or leave it but decided to go see what other bottles she has. I used to leave a bottle of water by her side when she was sick since Tucson but forgot to do it today. Bad mum. :( was glad I didn't make it worse by insisting that she's not getting her own bottle.

I found her one, half expecting her to get upset and refuse it. Sick kids can be as cranky as tired ones. What more she's sick AND tired. But she wasn't upset when I told her the bottle she wanted was no longer around. Instead, she sweetly thanked me and drank the water. I asked if she wanted to finish it and she said she'll drink it slowly through the night. My baby girl...she's better behaved than me.

Hugged her till she fell asleep again. She felt warm :( I still feel bad I forgot to get her water and for wondering aloud why she had to make me look for a water bottle in the middle of the night and my sleep. My heart ached the moment I said those words. They do nothing to make my baby feel better.

Lord, please use me to bring AN back to health and comfort her as much as I can, above and beyond myself. How could I have almost refused to meet such a simple request....please teach me to be sensitive to her needs. Please heal her from whatever it is that has been attacking her system so that she will not fall victim to it again. Please give me power-packed mem mem so that both AN and ER will be able to fight away this naughty bug. Please protect them Lord. Amen!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments: