Friday, May 30, 2008

Night Shift Woes + Stay extending

I think I prefer Mr Liow's morning shift (not as if we can choose. It's just a personal preference).

The rest of the day after he left for work yesterday went by too slowly. AN didn't wanna sleep, and even if she did, they were mere couple of half an hour shuteye-s. So I had to keep her entertained.

It's probably coz morning's always busiest for me and before I know it, I can start calling Mr Liow to see if he'll be done with work anytime soon, by 5pm. Even if he reaches home by 7pm, it still feels like I didn't wait long.

With him away doing the afternoon, I start to pine for his return by 5pm. He only reached home at abt 2am this morning. Probably today as well. What a long wait :(

It's going to be 2 weeks of day shift, and 2 weeks of afternoon shift. It's another afternoon shift next week so I just have to get used to it.

Used to prefer him going to work in the afternoons back in Singapore. Maybe coz I'm still not used to spending nights on my own here. I have to get used to it, coz there will be days when Mr Liow will have to be away on exercises from 2 wks to even 6 months (Mr Liow said we may be able to tag along if he has to be on exercise for 6 months. And then BM how? hmm...)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just got an sms from Mr Liow.

Mr Liow's boss has made plans to keep us here till Dec 2010 instead of April 2010.

Don't know if it's good or bad news but I think it's nice of his boss to let us know this early. I don't like last minute notification coz then we have to rush again.

I'm sure that since my parents are already missing AN, this won't be good news to them. hehe. My mum was sweet to suggest that they come over at the end of the detachment so that they can help us look after AN while we pack like we did back in Singapore.

Mr Liow was worried that my parents and his mum will get bored when they come over (whenever it may be, ultimately) but if there's anything we have to worry about my parents, it'd be that they can't adjust to the weather and culture here instead of boredom. My parents are accomodating and do not expect to be brought around. Makes me proud to say that of them. hehe. They've not decided yet tho. Mum has decided to come against her fear of airsickness but dad isn't too keen to fly such long hours. Will try to talk him through. I'd like to have them spend some time with us and Zu Er here, even if it has to be a short stay for whatever reasons.

Gai lai de bu lai.... :(

No comments: