Saturday, June 28, 2008

The baby can now do these:

Now that AN can walk, I'm not that particular about BM's pee or fur on the floor anymore.

There are new sets of problems I have to be watching out for tho.

She thinks it's a big deal that she's on 2s now, and attempts to even walk on the sofa. You know, the sofa is soft unlike walking on ground. She doesn't see the danger and to be sure she doesn't fall off, I have to make full use of my 2 pairs of eyes, cook and watch her from a distance at the same time when Mr Liow's not home.

She likes to put things where they did NOT originally come from. I'd find the remote controller in her drawer, her shoe in the remote control holder, BM's bone in my bag, her socks on BM's bed (I'm sure they were not the pranksters). Just minutes earlier, she was waving Mr Liow's used socks in the air and that wasn't the 1st time.

She thinks she knows which channel she wants to watch and does her own selection. Most times the channel she chooses appears dark with no image. If I ask her: "What happened?", she will turn on her charms, smile and pass the controller back to me with a "nah!" as if it's my duty to find her a channel to start all over again.

It's hard to be angry at things she does but for her own good, there are times I have to be firm and look stern. When she sees me looking stern, she will pretend to whine, stretch her arms out and look as pitiful as she can. If I tell her off for anything, she will plead "nen nen" and reach out for my t-shirt. That gets her out of trouble.

She knows she's in trouble sometimes. Before I realise something is wrong, I will see her walking fast towards me chanting "nen nen!" and wanting to be pacified. I've learnt that when she does that, I have to start looking around to see what she broke, or dropped, or if the TV channels are messed up, or if the CD is ejected out from the player, or ... something has to be wrong -____-"

I go "tsk!" when she goes against my commands. She will then turn to me and return the "tsk". She's since who-knows-when, learnt to walk around doing "tsk" as she walks.

She knows the only way to immediate attention is to request for "nen nen". Seeing that she can keep herself entertained (BM helps to keep her occupied as well), I go on with my usual chores and only chats with her without picking her up when she calls out to me (oh, she calls me "meh meh" and Mr Liow "da da"). Now she skips the step of calling for "meh meh" and go straight to ask for "nen nen".

She enjoys digging into my belly button and her own. She's only managed to recognise and point to her ears and belly button. Her favorite has to be the belly button. Just ask "where's your belly button?" and she will spend the next half an hour digging that body part while walking around the house.

She thinks BM eats human 'food', like remote controllers, and books and pillows and toy bears etc). And she thinks she eats dog food and chew on bones like BM do. Caught her trying to stuff their bone into her mouth many times, and this KPO human baby will be so kind to them as to make a special trip to the kitchen and leave remote controllers on their bed.

Sometimes I think she thinks she should behave like BM. She watches them, and then imitates them. She'll go on all 4s, point her head in their direction and then crawl towards them. If they are sleeping, she will go dig her head into their tummy and then tumble onto her side and sleep on their tummy. When she observes them in play, she will, after a short while, crawl fast towards them and scream in high pitch like they do when they bark during play. My parents will freak out if they see her do their play-imitation.

She knows how to stroke them properly and strokes them where I stroke them. They do not always trust that she knows how to do it properly tho and runs off most of the time.

Oh, she imitates me when I sling my bag over my shoulder as well. She puts everything with a handle onto her shoulder and starts to walk smugly around the house. As you can guess, the 'everything with a handle' she puts on her shoulder slides off and she will clumsily try to pick it up and put it back onto her shoulder.

She will give me things in her hands that I ask for tho. Just ask, and she will willingly push whatever is in her hands into our direction.

She's still learning to kiss us. If you recall, I've posted that she started to blow kisses at strangers that day when we were at Social Security weeks back. She has since, kissed toys, Baileys and Maen with loud "muacks" but not Mr Liow and I, not till some time mid of last week. It was cute and heartwarming to have her "muack" us the 1st few times. She doesn't do as often and we'd like her to. hee.

As a gadget baby, she knows which of our gadgets are touch-screen. Not just that, she knows which screen on the Nintendo DS to touch to get it going.

She dances to any and every type of music. From commercials, to music from her toys, to the radio, even to my singing. Some commercial jingles have been tagged as her favorites and to those, she dances EVERY single time it comes on during her waking hours without fail.

Will post pictures and videos soon. Mini me is asking for "nen nen".

No comments: