Friday, June 13, 2008

Busy Mr Liow

I mentioned having more family time here. True to a certain extent, since there are noticeably few more public holidays here in USA than in Singapore. I don't know about future exercises but the latest ended with a day off previously and there was memorial day so there were a stretch of 5days (including weekends) 2 weeks (or was it 3 weeks?) back.

Mr Liow has to be on shift here so he'll be on different shifts every 2 weeks.

I'd expect shift hours to be carried out accordingly but apparently, coz Mr Liow has responsibilities that he is expected not to shelf, his working hours can be rather erratic.

He had on one occassion, come back telling me early in the morning of the next day (after his afternoon shift), that he'd have to go in the next few hours instead of afternoon coz .... I forgot why.

And on Monday 3days back, when AN was most sick (before she suddenly recovered after seeing the doctor), he went to work as usual at 2pm and reached home at abt 3.45am. To be exact, it was 3.45am on Tuesday morning. It was almost 14hrs at work.

He said there were some major issues he had to settle at work till that late. I couldn't help but do a little calculations before sms-ing him: "AN also having major problems but you spend 14hrs at work, 5hrs sleeping and mere 5hrs at home with her."

I was half hoping he would take leave (or at least half a day or something) so that we could bring AN to doctor but he didn't. And he worked all the way till the next morning. You know, the sky turns bright by 5am? By the time he reached home and washed up, it was bright again.

He did not get much rest that morning coz AN started crying in discomfort by 6am and that was when we got up and started preparing to bring her to the doctor. No more waiting, please. And he got only 2 hrs sleep from the time he laid down, till the time AN started bawling.

Just this morning, he gave me a morning surprise again (he reached home abt 2plus am.) that he had to go in by 8am. There was some induction thingy for him and the new batch of guys who had arrived last weekend. I understand that but he's only gotten that 5hrs of sleep at the very most.

And for the past couple of Sundays, he either had to entertain, or spend the evening at 2 farewell dinners for his guys. There had already been a farewell dinner 2 days before that Sunday of another farewell for the same batch of guys who would be leaving. Why must there be 2 farewell dinners? Why on a weekend? Why are families not involved if it HAS to happen on a weekend? By the way, families hardly seem to be involved in RSAF's family days and they have so many family days in a year. They and their own little circle of family. FULL STOP.

I wonder how the wives got to know each other if families are almost never involved in gathering, even here. I don't even know which guy has a wife that I can get to know, except the encik and family who lives next to us.

Yes I want my hubby to by my side during weekends. I'm also worried that he's not been getting enough rest with the wierd working hours sometimes. I wonder why he's always feeling tired. Even if he's had enough sleep, he would still look tired. I'm worried about him driving to and from work. People here can be friendly drivers but many are also fast drivers (many large trucks travel faster than cars and they really go fast!).

It doesn't help to watch Channel 38 and see how dangerous the roads here can be (Channel 38 has programs like world's most amazing videos, chases, programs that show police going after dangerous criminals who drive without a care on the roads and bang into innocent people and cars).

Sigh...

My poor hubby leh...And poor myself. Neigi says I have to be productive and go get my license. I also want but the centre doesn't open on weekends and we thought he can drive me there one of these days coz he is on afternoon shift BUT who knows AN had to fall sick and just when she's now recovered, he has to go in for Induction all of a sudden (how come so last minute one??aiyo...)

So it's not coz I'm not productive hor. I'm all set for the theory test. Now what? Probably wait till his next afternoon shift which will be 2 weeks from now.

Maybe if I can drive, I can have more freedom to do what I want and get out of the house more. Maybe, just maybe I can stop waiting for Mr Liow to come home or worrying that he'd not be safe on the roads. Maybe when I can drive, he can ta bao his own dinner after work coz I'd be out shopping with AN or in the park with BM.

;p

HEE..

No comments: