Monday, June 23, 2008

HOT HOT HOT Sat, House/ Fur-cleaning Sun

Saturday
We went to Promenade at Casa Grande. Not too sure if Casa Grande's still within Tucson or if it's part of Phoenix but it was slightly more than an hour's drive.

There was a 'severe weather condition' warning the day before and we thought it should be safe shopping at Casa Grande coz we thought it was indoor shopping. The weather warning suggested we stay indoors and drink plenty of water coz it was going to be a hot day.

And then we realised we were wrong. Promenade at Casa Grande is an outdoor shopping place. We had to exit each store to get to the next one.

The weather got too unbearable and we didn't wanna risk making AN sick again (going into an air conditioned store and out into the heat again), so we left after lunch (late lunch).

It was 124deg F in the car at the day's hottest. Can die.

When we got home, I was preparing myself for the worst coz we'd been out the whole day. 1stly, I expected the toilet to be in a mess coz my furkids need to release and the toilet is only that big. I expected mess from the lack of resources, not out of mischief.

It was a perfect sight when we got home. No mess (all mess were on papers. How accurate!), no barking.

I'm really clueless as to why they (Baileys) barked previously, and that one of them pee-d on the floor and on their bed the next day? Yet they were perfect yesterday. Clueless.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sunday

Brought BM for a bath at Petsmart today and while they were away, we went to rent RugDoctor, a steam cleaning machine for carpets and spent the whole afternoon cleaning up our carpet.

Terribly exhausting! I did the vaccumming and Mr Liow did the steam cleaning. The machine was bulky and heavy, so poor Mr Liow being the MAN had to do the heavy chores. It's been more than half a day and part of the carpet still feels damp. Carpet feels much cleaner tho. It has to be. AN likes to roll on the carpet lately but each time maintenance guys come to service something, they walk in with shoes on.

We went back to fetch the furkids in the evening. They look nice again but do not smell better than after a professional bath by groomers back in sgp. Maen's right paw nails weren't trimmed as supposed to (her 3 other paws and all 4 of B's were trimmed), so I trimmed them on my own.

I wonder when M's quick grew longer. Do quicks grow?? I snipped the usual white tip and her nails began to bleed. Poor baby!

She looked at me without complaining as I stared hard at that bleeding nail, grabbed a towel and applied pressure on it. Heartache..all the more when I see her sitting in front of me, watching me as attentively as she always watches me (when there's no food around her).

The bleeding stopped, so I continued with the other 4 nails. The moment I left her alone, she started to lick the bleeding nail. *heartache* She trusted me, yet I failed her :( Bad mummy.

Had to keep the 2 of them in the kitchen the moment they came home. No choicr\e coz the carpet was still damp. Even AN got to walk only in the kitchen.

We had intended to clean the house another time before returning the machine but looks like it's impossible. All 4 of us (B,M,AN & I) will hv to be stranded in the kitchen for the whole day while waiting for the carpet to dry, if we do another session tomorrow.

Oh ya, Mr Liow taught me to drive just now! It was fun, but scary. Once upon a time, I drove Mr Liow's car up the kerb. That left a deep impression in me and I only looked at the kerbs while I drove just now.

I'm sure I'll improve with practice. Give me some time (a lot of time) and one day, I'll drive.hee.

2 comments:

Par said...

Where are you located?

Boredlittleflower said...

we're in arizona :)