Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"Shee" , "Jag", "What" and the latest "gog gog"

The baby (human) says: "See?" (she pronounces it as "Shee?") when:

- She wants to show me something, either by pointing to it (most times with her middle finger) or pushing it into my face

- She does not want to eat and attempts to distract me by pointing to nothing in particular (she takes after Mr Liow in this. Mr Liow attempts to distract by exclaiming "Fei Die!" (UFO) and pointing into the sky. Nice try, father.)

- She wants to tell me that Baileys and/or Maen is/are scratching themselves (I don't like them to scratch)

- She wants me to do something for her (like switch the PSP or DS on..) and brings the equipment to my attention

-She wants us to read to her (she brings whichever book she wants to be read, to us)

- She wants to show me that she's bringing dirty linen to the laundry basket (wrong one tho. Glad she notifies me, coz she's putting them into the basket full of washed clothes.)


Sometimes, she asks: "What's that?" (say, "Dag", sometimes "Jag") when:

- We have something in our possession that's of interest to her. She will cock her head and look VERY interested. Soon her itchy fingers will start reaching out

- She wants to see something I'm doing that's out of her sight

- She sees me doing makeup, or rather, if anything I'm doing interests her, she will go "Dag?" and point to whatever I'm doing.


She asks "What?" whenever she feels like it. There are times she babbles (she's been blabbling since who-knows-when) and I don't understand a single word she says. So, I'll ask her "What?". After a couple of exchanges, she will return the favor by asking me back "What?", not because she doesn't understand (she MAY not understand but it's not coz of that, that she's asking). She just thinks it's cool to talk like an adult, probably.

She's been chanting "gog gog" lately. Sounded like "gou gou" (dog, in Chinese) to me. Just this morning, I realised "gog gog" means "good girl". I was praising Maen when AN repeated her version of "gog gog" after me. I think she picked that up when Mr Liow praised her for behaving or obeying.

Have I mentioned that she's learnt to call me "mama" or "meh meh" and Mr Liow "papa" or "dad dad"? Mr Liow and I were just discussing last night that her addressing us started and progressively improved so gradually that we couldn't even recall when she addressed is for the 1st time.

Kids grow up so fast. I'm so going to miss this stage of her life as she matures...


No comments: