Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Baileys' Entry: Monday evening stroll

We hardly get any walks these days coz as most of you know, Maen is an illegal occupant here. It's a ONE dog policy, so I was the only one registered. We can't afford to be caught walking at the same time, at least not together.

That's why papa will bring us to Lambert Park whenever he can.

Last Monday, coz baby AN kept fussing while mummy was cooking in the kitchen, papa decided to bring her for a walk. He went out, and came back suggesting that he could bring one of us as well.

Elated, we were! But, only one?

Mummy suggested he bring Maen -_______-". She said Maen gets very restless whenever I'm not with her, so decided that I should be taken out when she got back, tired & satisfied from her walk.

I wasn't too happy but I am not one to hop around excitably like Maen does. For that, mummy gave me biscuits as a reward and went on preparing dinner.

The sky got darker and darker. I know for sure I won't get my turn when they return.

While crunching the biscuits and dwelling in self pity at the same time, I noticed mummy going for my lead!!

So, mummy & I went strolling, just the two of us. It's been sooooo long since it was just mummy & I, anywhere. We met a 10yr old Shih Tzu with his elderly mummy who was so sweet and kept patting me on the head, telling mummy how precious I was. Mummy was impressed with how calm and sweet the Shih Tzu was too. She liked how he tilted his head up so that mummy could scratch him under his chin. I could do that too, if I knew mummy liked that ;p

It seemed like a really short walk but when we got home, it was already half an hour past. Papa and Maen were home too.

Mummy asked if Maen was well behaved on her walk. Papa said she wasn't. Mummy said I was very well behaved.

I had been watching the TV program "It's Me or The Dog" where Victoria Stillwell trained other doggies to behave themselves. And I've been learning while I watch. I know it's not good manners to pull on the leash when we walk, so I've learnt not to.

And I peed twice. Maen did not pee at all. I think she'd just wasted the walk. Why won't she help water some plants? To think mummy was so proud of her when she peed during walks back in Fernvale and wondered why I won't do it.

See who our folks should be more proud of now?

Mummy's little babies thought hard at:

No comments: