Thursday, January 15, 2009

Keeping cool...

Now I've information on hand what I could do with a finicky eater and understands the psychology of one better but it still takes lots of nonchalance and persistence to ignore her non-eating at meals and present food in front of her 5 times a day, knowing that out of all 5 times, she may not even put food into her mouth at all.

Ignore in this case, means no praise even if she eats, no comments if she doesn't.

She's had very little food yesterday, better some than none.

She's up to her fasting self again today.

Refused breakfast and before-nap snack.

Couldn't help but ignore her totally coz I'm upset now, not because I'm working out what I'm supposed to be doing.

She's crying for attention now and must be wondering why I'm angry with her. I didn't expressed displeasure over her rejecting food tho. Didn't want her to associate meal times with 'angry mummy'.

I'll be going back to her after this post.

Am glad that there's Baileys and Maen around tho.

While I'm typing all these and while she was sobbing sadly minutes back, she went to in search of Baileys for comfort and Baileys, being Century's Nice Guy, licked tears off her face and made her smile a little.

And being the little baby that she is, she forgets Baileys once her tears have been licked dry by Baileys boy, and comes running to me demanding attention again.

Please pray for this mummy in me ya? I need all the wisdom and patience, as much as possible...

No comments: