Sunday, February 22, 2009

In Mr Liow's absence

I've driven my parents out in the afternoons in the absence of Mr Liow who'll be back tomorrow and thank God, we're all still fine.

AN would agree to sit on her car seat once in a while but not at other times.

I was hoping with my parents around, we could help AN enjoy being on the car seat and get used to it so that I will have no problems bringing her out on my own after they leave. We're both still undergoing 'training'.

One day in our previous MPV, I stole glances at AN from the vanity mirror at the passenger's seat in the front and saw that she kept asking for me to sit at the rear to hold her.

I ignored her but kept the vanity mirror in sight so that I could see what she was doing. Mum then reminded me that AN could see me as much as I could see her from the mirror and asked me to shut it back, which I did. AN turned to my mum, twisted her hands and told mum "no more" (meaning to say she can't see me anymore). And in less than a minute, she was fast asleep.

One thing I'm thankful for is that at the very least, she's not crying to have me hold her like she would whenever Mr Liow drives.

She seemed to understand me when I tell her that "mummy has to drive coz papa's not around". I've never had to worry about her screaming after me when I drive, this far.

Just have to work on her agreeing to the car seat at this point.

No comments: