Saturday, February 21, 2009

Driving on my own, and Mr Liow away for 3 days

Took my parents to Walmart yesterday on my own while Mr Liow was at work. Feel increasing confident driving although it does upset me when my parents nag at me for going 'too fast' (THAT WAS THE SPEED LIMIT!! I CAN'T GO ANY SLOWER, CAN I?), worries about me losing my way when I suggested bringing them somewhere further (I HAVE A NAVIGATION SYSTEM IN THE CAR!!), doubting that I'm making turns coz it's my turn and not coz I'm 'unsure'. Simply put, they simply cannot trust me as a driver.

I know where they are coming from, given than I'm a new driver and this is a foreign country to them. But it is discouraging to try so hard to be able to drive (get my license, get the car) so that I can bring them around, only to have them seemingly unappreciative.

That's my parents (remember when I complain that my dad insisted that I will not be able to manage AN if I bring her out on my own? It's the same in this case.)

Guess I just have to prove myself. Dad admitted that he didn't trust Andy's driving skills even after Andy's driving experience during his 2 yrs in Australia, let alone me a new driver, and the usual 'lady-drivers can't drive' mindset.

I'm enjoying driving otherwise :)

Also, Mr Liow has gone for a short weekend exercise and will not be home till Monday. This will happen again next weekend.

Really appreciate Mr Liow for thinking ahead of us, for us.

He got the 2nd car in time, settled the insurance and paperwork, got me well covered so that I can drive in peace when he's not around.

Saw the papers on the table last night and can't help but be thankful that my hubby had it all planned for.

Reminded me of the story about the husband who passed away before the wife did, yet the wife continued to receive flowers on special occassions as per usual to which she later found out from the florist that her husband has ordered flowers for the next few years so that she will not feel lonely or that he's left.

Thanks dear. Miss you and looking forward to seeing you again on Monday. Be safe and take care ya?

No comments: