Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Papa, Mummy, Kiss, Boat.

Papa, Mummy, Kiss
There's this poster-styled picture Mr Liow and I took at the beach for our wedding that we hang on the wall in our room.

Some mornings when AN wakes up, she'll see the picture and tell me "papa", or "mummy" while pointing to it.

This morning was a little different.

She pointed to the picture, told me "Papa, mummy, keesh, lah jet" and gave me a pretend kiss on my nose. Then she decided that it was something else and said "nose, lah jet".

Took me a while to figure out what she was telling me. She was saying "Papa, mummy, kiss, like that" when she gave me the kiss on my nose, and then noticed that it wasn't a kiss on the nose but that our noses were simply touching each other, to which she corrected herself by saying "nose, like that" and rested her nose against mine.

One day few weeks ago during the trip, AN stuck her tongue out and said "baby, lah jet" while pointing to a poster. Takes me a while to process (I'm new to baby language) that she was trying to tell me that the boy in the picture was sticking his tongue out "like that" (and she was imitating him).

I thought she has only learnt to recognise familiar faces in pictures till this morning when she showed me that she's also started noticing behaviour/ actions of people in there as well!


Boat
AN likes watching signingtimes.com on youtube but I do not expect her to learn much from it. since the programs on youtube are mostly introductory.

The only signs that I practise with her as we watch signing programs together with her are "please, thank you and I love you".

Yesterday while flipping through her "baby's first words" book, she saw the picture of a boat and told me "boat" while holding her hands together to sign boat!

That came as a surprise coz I did not expect her to be paying attention to what she had been watching. Also, it takes me a long time to learn the signs (and then forget them soon after). How can a baby learn faster than a adult, or so I thought.

Who knows, she's probably signed more to me than I have recognised!

It's amazing how babies (hmm...toddlers in her case) really learn fast!

No comments: