Tuesday, April 28, 2009

AN's good behaviour today and AN learns

AN's such a darling this morning!

We were at Gymboree for free playgym and AN went around playing as usual. Not only did she enjoy herself as always, she went around passing toys to the crawling babies and sharing toys with whoever wanted anything from her hands.

She would patiently wait for crawling babies to clear her path before she dashed to get to her destination or climb up the slide.

AN prefers to climb around instead of sit and participate in certain group activities sometimes but she participated in all of those group games today.

When it was time for stamps towards the end, she went to join the queue and was patient as usual. Some kids cut into her queue but she didn't seem to mind, so much so that a lady who was with a baby also waiting for stamps, after AN, praised AN for being this patient. Come to think of it, as much as I think AN inherited impatience from us, she's still patient for a toddler.

AN went directly for her shoes after she got what she wanted without me having to remind her that it's time to go. I strapped her in the car seat and she quietly told me "Mummy, I sleepy". I melted at her soft voice and sleepy eyes and was so proud of her for not behaving cranky like she used to whenever she's tired. Told her we'd go home and then go to sleep, to which she replied tiredly "ok."

Once back home, she helped me pull her pillow, and mine, into place on the sofa and then laid there patiently waiting for me to put my things away before I lie down with her.

My darling...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
AN learns about ANTS

For the past 1 year and 2 days since we came, we've not seen ants.

True! No ants! There are ants outside but we don't really bother about them much and there weren't really too many of them to be of any concern. And they never stepped into the house.

So when I had to teach AN "A for Ants", she only knew how they look like in drawings and never in real.

It was good opportunity for her to learn about ants today coz THERE. WERE. LOTS. OF. ANTS. IN. THE. KITCHEN!

I went "eeks" and "yucks"! while AN watched on with interest. I squished those crawling in the house and sprayed poison outside where there were even more ants lurking. I wondered where these ants came from and have totally no idea how they got in!!

After the fight, AN became my ant detector, pointing to those loner ants and informing me "mummy ants!".

AN is now so caught up with this new insect that she keeps going "Mummy ANTS!" whether she was in the midst of play, or simply suckling herself to nap

-________-"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
AN learns Chinese

AN learnt to speak simple Mandarin while my parents were here and even learnt to communicate with them in Chinese towards the end of the last week before they left.

She'd tell my mum "Wo Yao" (I want) whenver she wanted something.

Once she tried to tell my mum that the water in her cup was hot.
AN: "Popo, water hot"
My mum: "huh? Hot?"
The water wasn't hot. AN was just hoping that by saying the water was hot, she didn't need to drink any.
AN: "Hot, popo. Water hot."
Mum: "Huh? Hot? Water no hot."
AN: "Water, Shao Shao" (Shao = Hot in Chinese).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
AN learns to associate herself with "I"

She's been telling me things that happened to her, referring to herself as "I" for the past 2 over week.

"Mummy, I fall" (AN fell)

"Mummy, I sleepy" (AN feels sleepy)

"Mummy, I eat" (AN wants to eat)

While in the kitchen a while ago, I heard her cries for help: "Falling! Help! Mummy I falling!".

I thought she fell but when I looked, she was indeed FALLING. She was hanging on to the side of the sofa for dear life while shouting for help. hehe.

No comments: