Thursday, April 30, 2009

Independance Rox!

Neigi was right.

It is good that I learn to drive and if possible GET to drive so I do not rely so much on the presence of Mr Liow.

I used to agree with a friend who noted that in some cases when a wife drives, husband and wife may not be together as much as before, and some husbands take it as an excuse not to keep wife company.

"You can get ard on ur own and are going shopping anyway. I go for what?"

For some time I feared that, but independance really feels good. So good that even though Mr Liow had been away for almost 2 weeks, it did not affect me much. In fact I was glad I only had to prepare simple meals for myself and baby instead of spending half a day to prepare food and then cook.

It definitely feels better than pining for his return everyday and getting upset over the thousand and one "no choice" things that happens which are more important than family.

I can grocery shop on my own now, bring AN to classes and for checkups, BM to grooming, wherever I dare to venture.

I probably overrated 'togetherness' in the past.

Would be even better if I am financially independant.

No comments: