Sunday, June 21, 2009

Goodbye Friends

Encik Ong and his family left for Singapore this morning and we're back from sending them off at the airport.

It wasn't a tearful farewell, but sad nonetheless.

Liansee, Encik Ong's wife had been lots of help since we came. She'd drop by with her 2 girls to play with Adrielle once in a while, and brought us yummy cakes/ sushi that she made with her girls' help.

They were the ones who recommended us to Sonoran Terrace and helped check out the townhouses before we came.

When we were at Country Inn this morning, everything seemed so familiar. It was almost like yesterday when we came to Tucson, almost like we were the ones staying there and they were our visitors. Reality is, this time we are guests.

Had a good last breakfast and chat with them before we left for the airport. Bade farewell to the family before we left them (Mr Liow had a soccer match so we had to rush) and shook Encik Ong's hands for the last time.

Then I recalled the first time I met him at the airport when he came to pick me up (then, it was just AN, Maen and I with 3 lugagges coz Mr Liow had to wait for the next flight. Baileys couldn't get on the same flight as Maen coz the airline only allow 1 dog for that domestic plane I got on).

He was wearing this same red polo tee, I recalled.

And I remember meeting Lian See, Jia Hui & Jia En for the first time at Country Inn that very day I arrived. The family dropped by to say hi, got us drinking water and fried rice :)

It's hard to live with no friends here but at the time same, it's hard to make friends and then watch them leave...

I take a long time to warm up to people and it's always almost till 6 months before they leave before I am at ease with them. Not really with Lian See since they are (were, from now on) our neighbours. First was Joey [ :( ]

So, effectively, I have friends for only 6 months each time.

I'm glad I found more ladies with whom I'm comfortable chatting with (and probably get to go shopping with very soon!) but I dread the farewells once again...sigh...

Time really flies. Soon it'll be our turn to leave. Farewell, again.

No comments: