Saturday, September 19, 2009

AN eats like mummy

Mr Liow always says AN eats like me but I feel I eat a lot more than she does, even if i am to split the food I eat each day into portions fit for a toddler like AN.

But we can't deny that AN does share similar preference for certain food as me. She does not like everything I like but she's starting to increasingly accept food that are some of my favourites.

We both enjoy spicy food in particular.

First time AN tasted antything spicy, she was 16 mths old. I made sambal fried rice and packed it for our trip to Flagstaff last Aug. She tried some and kept asking for more and finished quite a big portion for a fussy eater! Plus, it was spicy but she didn't seem affected at all.

Out with my family early this year at a Malaysian restaurant in LV, we had sambal Kang Kung. She insisted on having that (she'd ask to try most vegetables). My mum was really against us allowing her to even taste it but AN have had spicy food since her fearless first encounter last year, so I went on to give her a tiny strand to try. She asked for more and ate like all of us adults at the table. Mum said she was going to announce to the relatives back home without having anyone believe her.

It's impressive how she could bear with the spicyness for the sake of enjoying a snack she liked too. I was eating chilli anchovies (u noe, those from Thailand?). Mr Liow gave up after a while but AN went on and on! Even I needed water to help me go further.

Of course AN needed help like I did, but she couldn't stop snacking and breathing in "ssssssss" at the same time. She was the one who finished the anchovies, down to the very last bone in the container. And she peed a lot that day. Hehe.

We had laksa this afternoon and I made enough for my own dinner as well. Her dinner of the day was ABC Alfredo. She was not a least bit interested in her food and for both lunch and dinner, she wanted my laksa -______-".

Again she went breathing in "sssssss" and drinking water while complaining: "Mummy! La la!" and then pleading for more noodles. I had to eat her Alfredo instead -_____-".

So she does eat like me afterall.

I should probably be thankful for that, maybe? Although I do not take in much calories with food I choose, at least I know AN will be healthy if she continues to enjoy the types of food that I do. Only problem is that she'll always be a 3% baby in the weight department. We snack too, on nuts and ice-cream, chips and brownies. Sadly, I'm expanding faster than she is coz I snack more. I pray she'll catch up with me on the snacking part. Hehe.

She's finally hit the 10kg mark last week and have not fallen below that. She's now 10.2kg on avg. Also she's been pooping everyday since 2mths back, or alternate days at most. No more painful pooping!! Praise the Lord for that!! And good riddance to the big C! Tata!

No comments: