Monday, October 12, 2009

Potty Training Quick Update

8th Oct (Thursday - Day 4 of diaper-free)
Accident free for the whole day even during nap! We went out for dinner and AN asked to visit the toilet when she felt the urge.

9th Oct (Friday - Day 5)
Accident-free whole day

10th Oct (Sat - Day 6)
We were out at Mount Lemmon and I put her on training pants since I wasn't sure if we could get to a toilet in time.

AN asked a few times to pee and refused to go in her training pants. I asked her to squat and pretend she was peeing on a potty (that was the best I could do to get her to pee in her training pants! The irony of it, that I had to insist she goes in her training pants when she's almost there in her potty training for day-time).

There was finally once we managed to get to a toilet in time. She went all excited and told me: "Mummy, I pee on mummy's potty!"

11th Oct (Sun - Day 7)
This marks a full week of AN's diaperless adventure. It's been better than I expected!

I had not expected her to go off diapers this soon after that 1/2 day of extreme washing and cleaning up last month when she went diaperless. And she too was put off sitting on the potty after that day.

No wonder they say when a child is ready, he/she is ready!

We were out at Buckelew Pumpkin Farm today and like yesterday, I put AN on training pants for the same reasons: that we do not have instant access to restrooms especially if she needed to pee at the pumpkin field.

I had to get her to squat and pee when she said no to me suggesting that she pee on her diapers.

Once we got home, we got back to training once again.

End of Day update:
AN forgot to go to the potty and peed in her pants once. She was not as frightened or embarrassed as she was on Monday. I casually told her I would bring her a new pair of panties and pants without overdoing on assuring her about the accident. She was ok after that.

No comments: